TPG Community

Get online support

Remote Desktop keeps dropping out almost as soon as I connect.

xyloidhead
Level 2

Hi

connected to NBN the other day and all seemed good, Netflix no problems, speed tests suggest I am getting the speeds promised.

But today I tried working from home. I could establish the VPN channel but every time I Remote Desktop it worked for a minute or two then the connection is dropped. The software reconnects and I get a bit more time then it repeats. Happened all day and I was the only one in the house so not conflicting with anyone for the bandwidth.

Any suggestions what the problem might be? Or more importantly what the fix is.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @xyloidhead,

What troubleshooting have you done so far with your connection? I ran an initial test on your service it shows connected for 2d 1h 10m with a good connection to the line.

Also, have you tried to contact the support of the software you're using?

Perhaps, refreshing modem/router connection may fix the issue you can try to turn on/off the modem/router for 2-3mins and turn it back on again.

Let me know how it will go.

xyloidhead
Level 2

Interesting, turning off the cable box and modem appeared to help. Only had time for a 15min test but it held the Remote Desktop session for the entire 15 minutes. Alas I didn’t have time to rest it before I turned it all off. Worked while streaming Netflix for family.

i’ll test It a few more times this week and see if it continues to work, before I can trust it enough to try working from home again, sigh.

thanks for the help, will be back if it hasn’t actually fixed it.

regards

Ahra_G

Glad to hear that the service is now up and running, xyloidhead

Should any assistance arise, please feel free to contact us again. 

Cheers!