TPG Community

Get online support

Require firmware for Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Marko67
Level 2

Hi, im having issues with my router.

The router is situated at a remote property which is monitored by security cameras and i keep loosing remote connectivity. I configure the remote magement settings and DNS settings in the router and all works fine, but setting are being lost when the router restarts (reboot or power off/on). I have been advised that this may be a firmware related issue. Please advise if newer firmware is available for this router, and how i may obtian it.

Current firmware is  0.1.00.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi Shane.

I assisted this user in a previous thread. The cameras connect to a recorder which has a fixed ip address on the local network. DDNS is used so that the user's dynamic address can be found (so not needing business plan). He has seen that the DDNS enable setting and the remote management enable setting are being lost when router restarts.

He is asking for a firmware upgrade to see if it fixes this problem. From other posts, it looks like the router is not on latest firmware.

If firmware is upgraded, are all user settings cleared? What about userid and password? Is the router in a state to at least connect to the internet, that is, PPPoE, userid, password, vlanid set properly?

Shane

Thanks for the clarification @david64 ,

The firmware upgade should not clear or remove the information that has been setup on the modem/router's settings.

Hi @Marko67 

We'll check this with our Engineering Team if the firmware upgrade will fix the of the remote management setting being lost when the modem/router restarts.

Regards,

@david64 wrote:

Hi Shane.

I assisted this user in a previous thread. The cameras connect to a recorder which has a fixed ip address on the local network. DDNS is used so that the user's dynamic address can be found (so not needing business plan). He has seen that the DDNS enable setting and the remote management enable setting are being lost when router restarts.

He is asking for a firmware upgrade to see if it fixes this problem. From other posts, it looks like the router is not on latest firmware.

If firmware is upgraded, are all user settings cleared? What about userid and password? Is the router in a state to at least connect to the internet, that is, PPPoE, userid, password, vlanid set properly?