SETTING UP WIFI

Briannamiles
Level 2
Trying to set up my wifi and I’ve gotten to the LOGIN bit where it asks for your login TPG link password
And I’ve put it in and keeps telling me it’s incorrect and I’ve tried multiple passwords and even changed my password and now it’s banned me for 2 hrs and try again later. But I don’t know what else the passowrd is meant to be! I’ve put in all my passwords I’ve had for this account
6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @Briannamiles . The label on the router has wifi details (SSID, pin, ip address). Does it also have the admin username and password?

Factory reset might be needed.

Briannamiles
Level 2
I’ve tried to reset it twice and tried all the passwords on the motor and it don’t work I’ve also tried changing my password twice now for my tether acc and TPG acc and tried using those and it didn’t work either
david64
Level 15

@Briannamiles . From the help screen, it looks like after factory reset, there is no password. You make up one.

Can you attach a picture of the label on the router.

And picture of login screen after factory reset.

To do factory reset, press WPS/Reset button until lights flash.

Briannamiles
Level 2
I’ve done the factory reset and logged into the TPGmodem net website and rebooted it

I’ve tried so many things I don’t get why it keeps saying passowrd is incorrect when I go on tether and click on my device and it says log in as in the pic before
david64
Level 15

@Briannamiles . Just to be clear, there are 3 passwords involved here. Which one is the problem?

1. Wifi password to connect your wifi device to the router's wifi. This is on the label on the router.

2. Password to login to the router's web admin function. This is usually on the label but it seems for this model that you make up one after a factory reset.

3. Password in the PPPoE internet configuration. This is the same TPG username and password you use for Post Office (webmail) and My Account.

Ahra_G

Hi @Briannamiles

We'll wait for you to confirm the details queried by @david64 in order for us to assist and resolve your concern.

Re: SETTING UP WIFI

@Briannamiles . Just to be clear, there are 3 passwords involved here. Which one is the problem?

1. Wifi password to connect your wifi device to the router's wifi. This is on the label on the router.

2. Password to login to the router's web admin function. This is usually on the label but it seems for this model that you make up one after a factory reset.

3. Password in the PPPoE internet configuration. This is the same TPG username and password you use for Post Office (webmail) and My Account.