SMTP 554 Error

jameskerry
Level 2

G'day,

I'm using Outlook (MS 365) and not using the TPG email account. For a number of emails, not all, I get an error message SMTP 554. I contacted the email provider and they have told me that my IP address is on a blocked address and to contact my ISP (TPG). I've rebooted the router and laptop to generate a different address but still I'm having problems to some accounts. I can send the email using my gmail account though. I am sending to a single email account and it is a friend with whom I've been emailing for the last 10+ years. I had also been getting it with another friend recently, but it started working ok yesterday. The error info is as follows:

Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; asav.iinet.net.au (203.59.218.120)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 icp-osb-irony-in15.iinet.net.au Your access to this
mail system from 27.124.124.69 has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor
reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the
intended recipient via alternate means. (as greeting)

9 REPLIES 9
jameskerry
Level 2

To add a bit more to this. I was told by my email provider (Crazy Domains) that the problem wasn't on their end, but that my IPv4 address was blacklisted. I found my external IP address and checked at Spamhauz ZEN and the address is blacklisted. Apparently it is the responsibility of the ISP (i.e. TPG) to fix this problem. So snap to it TPG and please fix my IP address. It is currently 120.17.35.189. The website for the checker is:

https://check.spamhaus.org/

To check your IPv4 address, the website for that is:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Angeli

Hi @jameskerry,

Kindly send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au along with the full text of the error messages, with sender and recipient addresses. 

Thanks, 

Angeli

jameskerry
Level 2

Email sent along with two emails from the Postmaster with the error information. If you want the info posted here, let me know.

Angeli

Hi @jameskerry

Thank you. The postmaster should respond to you within 1-2 working days. 

Regards, 

Angeli

jameskerry
Level 2

G'day,

As the issue may also relate to the Outgoing mail SMTP settings, I have included screen snaps of my current settings.

Angeli

Thank you @jameskerry. Let me know here if need help on your email issue. 

jameskerry
Level 2

It's still not working. It needs TPG to fix the problem according to the Spamhauz information. For more details please go to the Spamhaus site mentioned earlier. 

Angeli

Hi @jameskerry

Send me a PM of your TPG account details and the email address that you used to contact our postmaster and I'll send a follow up. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

jameskerry
Level 2

Done - PM sent.