TPG Community

Get online support

SOS-ROC on Huawei HG658

SOLVED Go to solution
tpenta
Level 2

I have verified that I do not currently have SOS-ROC enabled on my service. I am using the modem that I originally got with this service (back in 2016). I can see that my uptime is 100 days so I have obviously not had a firmware update recently.

What needs to happen to have SOS-ROC enabled on my service, as it IS something that I need, being an Amateur Radio Operator who makes use of 7MHz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tpenta
Level 2

Answer: The Huawei HG658 that I got 6-7 years ago does not support SOS-ROC. TPG is shipping me a new modem for a contract and shipping costs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @tpenta

We'd like to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

tpenta
Level 2

Answer: The Huawei HG658 that I got 6-7 years ago does not support SOS-ROC. TPG is shipping me a new modem for a contract and shipping costs.

tpenta
Level 2

I received the new modem on the next day!

I transferred over the list of port mapings that  needed and disabled DHCP (as I do DHCP from a Raspberry pi along with a couple of other services).

The only suggestion that I would make to TPG is that SOS-ROC was not enabled on this modem once it finished connecting and configuring, I had to enable it myself. Surely this should be the default?

I've been running with it enabled now for a few days and I have not had a VDSL drop out once, wven when doing 100W CW around 7MHz.

Shane

We appreciate the additional update, tpenta. This a big help for our community!