TPG Community

Get online support

Sending of the message failed.

zzkenc
Level 2

can't send emails on thunderbird - has error

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User zzkenc@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hey, zzkenc

Welcome to the community!

You can fix this by simply changing your TPG password and update the credentials on your E-mail client.

For more details you may check this link, Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

can't send emails on thunderbird - has error

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User zzkenc@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

zzkenc
Level 2

Hi,

I have reset my password, but still haven't been able to send emails through thunderbird.

how to update credentials on the email client?

Shane

Try these steps below.

• Open Thunderbird and click the menu icon at top right
  • Select Preferences or Options 
  • Select Securit from the left menu, then Passwords, then click Saved Passwords
  • Click Show Passwords and Confirm when the pop up asks to confirm.
  • Look for the email address that you would like to update the password for
  • Once both passwords have been changed, close the window and relaunch Thunderbird.
  • Right-click on the entry you’d like to change the password for, and select ‘Edit Password.’ 

Hi,

I have reset my password, but still haven't been able to send emails through thunderbird.

how to update credentials on the email client?

zzkenc
Level 2

tried, but still having the same error message

BasilDV

Hi @zzkenc

Are you able to send emails using the webmail or Post Office?

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV

zzkenc
Level 2
I have sent you a message. Thank you
Shane

Hey, zzkenc

Just checking should you require further assistance, feel free to update this thread.

Cheers!

I have sent you a message. Thank you