TPG Community

Get online support

Service installed but wrong speeds - TPG and NBN co blame each other

grischa
Level 2

Hi there!

I am in a loop with TPG and NBN co.

I moved into a new house and moved TPG over. I set everything up via the phone to be connected on friday the 21.01.2021

When I checked the connection on the 23.01.2021 I initally had problems connecting. The TP link model would not automatically configure it self. I had to go into the admin console and change my username and password manually although the modem says it is connected it would not load a page.

After long phonecalls with TPG they got an NBN co technician out to see if the line is faulty.

He showed up the next day and could see that the line has a very good signal but could also see that the service booked on the line is only 12mbit down 1 mbit up.

He mentioned there must be something wrong with the system not the hardware as the wrong linespeed it "booked" on that line. (Might be from the previous owner?)

NBN co tech called NBN and mentioned this is rather a software/account problem than a line problem.

TPG said they want to send out another technican.

If I check the "Check Installation process" in my TPG account it still says the installation is processing. On the helpline they mentioned that the installation is completed.

I still had internet at my old house on saturday although the switchover was friday and the lady on the phone mentioned it will be shut off at the same time.

It seems to be that there is something wrong with the account move and I still get the old tenants speeds.

Very close to just try another provider to see if they get the account setup right.

Please help,

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hey,

Welcome to the community and thanks for raising this to us.

I'd love to help check what happened with the newly installed service and the speed of the connection, to better understand the situation send us a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

@grischa wrote:

Hi there!

I moved into a new house and moved TPG over. I set everything up via the phone to be connected on friday the 21.01.2021

When I checked the connection on the 23.01.2021 I initally had problems connecting. The TP link model would not automatically configure it self. I had to go into the admin console and change my username and password manually although the modem says it is connected it would not load a page.

After long phonecalls with TPG they got an NBN co technician out to see if the line is faulty.

He showed up the next day and could see that the line has a very good signal but could also see that the service booked on the line is only 12mbit down 1 mbit up.

He mentioned there must be something wrong with the system not the hardware as the wrong linespeed it "booked" on that line. (Might be from the previous owner?)

NBN co tech called NBN and mentioned this is rather a software/account problem than a line problem.

If I check the "Check Installation process" in my TPG account it still says the installation is processing. On the helpline they mentioned that the installation is completed.

I still had internet at my old house on saturday although the switchover was friday and the lady on the phone mentioned it will be shut off at the same time.

It seems to be that there is something wrong with the account move and I still get the old tenants speeds.

Very close to just try another provider to see if they get the account setup right.

Please help,

Thanks

Shane

Hi grischa,

Just checking this thread should you require further assistance please send us  your account details.

Cheers!

Hi there!

Please help,

Thanks