TPG Community

Get online support

Set up TPG email on Outlook 356

pallantdavies
Level 2
I am trying to setup my TPG email in the latest  Outlook 365.  I have followed every how to I can find and it just will not connect at all.  I used POP Server - mail.tpg.com.au (see attached 'settings')   Authentification is turned off as instructed in guide I followed. I used this guide and it simply doesn't work. I keep getting asked for username and password.  I am able to add all other email address I have it is just the TPG account that just won't work.  I keep getting a request to enter my password which is never accepted (see attached 'password') This is very frustrating.
15 REPLIES 15
Shane

Hi @pallantdavies ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. Does it gives you an error message? If so, please post the screenshot of the error message on this thread.

I was able to locate your account using your community details, we'll also check this with our postmaster for further investigation.

Regards,

pallantdavies
Level 2

Hi Shane, see attached.

Shane

Hi @pallantdavies,

Thanks for the additional details.

Please change your TPG password and update to your email client password after 30mins. It is possible that the account is blocked. Also, change the outgoing port number to 587.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

pallantdavies
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Tried your suggestions. That hasn't helped on the PC and now TPG email is not working on our mobile devices. Smiley Sad

Louise

Shane

Hi @pallantdavies,

Thanks for the additional details. We'll raise this to our Post Master, we'll provide an update on this thread when it becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @pallantdavies ,

We're advised by our Postmaster that the account password has been changed, please update the e-mail password on the other devices. Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

pallantdavies
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Devices are working, however PC running Office 365 is still not sending emails. See the attached images.

Shane

Hi @pallantdavies,

Thanks for the additional details. We'd like to confirm if the laptop/pc is connected to TPG network, if in the event that you're using a laptop and connected to a different ISP, the outgoing server should be changed based on the ISP's outgoing email sever.

Regards,

pallantdavies
Level 2

Hi,

Yes it is connected to our home TPG supplied NBN network. I have tried to setup using both a wireless and ethernet connection without success.

thanks