I had to get to the older set up routine and bypass the wizard as the only way to force Outlook 2016 to use the TPG settings. This is how to get to the older settings:
1. Close Outlook using 'File' >> 'Exit'
Note:- (Ensure that Outlook is completely closed).
2. Press Windows key + ‘R’ key to keyboard to open Run window.
3. Type 'outlook /manageprofiles' (without the quotes) in Run window >> click on ‘OK’.
Note: There is a space between outlook and forward slash (/).
4. In Mail setup window, choose 'Show Profiles' >> Select the profile, in which you want to add the account >> 'Properties'.
5. Click on 'Email Accounts' button, and then click on 'New'.
6.Choose Auto for IMAP or Manual account set-up for POP3. (incoming 110, outgoing 25)