TPG Community

Get online support

Severe Speed Issues - NBN100 Plan

mattmccleery
Level 2
Hi.

Severe speed issues. Speed seems to have been getting slower and slower. On NBN100 and at most getting 10-12MBPS. Average probably about 5. Anyone on the Gold Coast been having severe speed issues lately?
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @mattmccleery

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection?

If via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? 

Are you affected by an NBN network outage? Check it here.

BasilDV

DarranL
Level 2

We have been experiencing very slow upload speeds also. In Mitcham Victoria though. We are lucky to get 0.4Mbps uploads, Downloads are still sitting at around 75 to 95Mbps. The downloads used to be around 100 to 105Mbps, and would be satisfied with a 85 to 95 download rate, but its useless if the outbound request calls dont get there in time and webpages then timeout. 

TPG Screenshot 2022-10-03 100925.png

Its all been ever since there was planned maintenance just over a week ago. Support has been terrible from TPG as they just keep telling me the same stuff thats on the internet already. Tried all of those and then I had an engineer call and tell me its my network, which I explained I was able to plug in a 4G modem directly into their router rather than the NBN HFC connection and it straight away gives us over 40Mbps download and 12Mbps upload speeds. I asked what was done a week ago and I was brushed off, even though that is the only change made. I was told I was going to get a call back but nothing. 

Its left us unable to operate working from home and we have switched to the 4G backup as at 0.4Mbps uploads on TPG, our emails wont even open properly as it cant connect to Outlook servers without timing out. Let alone tryng to use teleconferencing. We've been with TPG for over 10 years and never really had to use support, but the one time we need it, its non-existent. 

@mattmccleery do you know if there has been any planned works in your area of late?

BasilDV

Hi @DarranL

We'd like to check on this further.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to run further tests on our end.

BasilDV