TPG Community

Get online support

Short outage every 15minutes that last 15-30 seconds?

m1ghty
Level 2

I am located in Cammeray, essentially North Sydney area, and around 2 weeks ago our NBN has these short bursts where the internet just cuts out completely. It is horrible for online things, we all live online these days right? 

I have set router/modem to factory reset and done fresh wizard setup, so I have cleared up it being a modem issue. I believe the NBN is cutting out in my area. 

Anyone else having their TPG NBN cutout like this in Sydney or North Sydney? ohhh and i should mention I am using both ethernet cable and wireless, so its not a wireless that is the issue, as I know members might suggest check the wireless... 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @m1ghty , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

slowspeed21
Level 2

I can't see the send message button. Please reach out. I'm having the exact same issue.

Speeds are fine, then suddenly internet speed will drop to nearly 0-4 mbps and be unsuable for a few seconds. This is impacting my WFH video calls etc.

This ONLY started happening since lockdown in Sydney.

Please fix this. Otherwise I'm switching providers.

Shane

Hi @slowspeed21,

Welcome to the community!

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further assist you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I can't see the send message button. Please reach out. I'm having the exact same issue.

Speeds are fine, then suddenly internet speed will drop to nearly 0-4 mbps and be unsuable for a few seconds. This is impacting my WFH video calls etc.

This ONLY started happening since lockdown in Sydney.

Please fix this. Otherwise I'm switching providers.

m1ghty
Level 2

Hi Riezel, thanks for the reply. I decided to ring support as I wasn't finding anything online showing outages in my area. To summarise TPG is sending me another modem in the post as my modem was the Huawei from 2017 and they think that might be the issue, moden breaking down. They now send out a TP-Link modem, so hopefully this solves the issue. 

The fact that I use ethernet cables and had done a factory reset on my modem, as well as the technician running tests on my line that showed no down time in the last 24 hours was pointing to it being the modem. 

Thanks

Riezl

We'll see how it goes and if the issue persists, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you.