TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ connection

ppheart
Level 3

Dear Moderators,

I just discussed the outcome of the re-installation with Allen from the engineering team (correct me if I'm wrong) and learned that they have exhausted everything they can do but the issue is still there. The re-installation replaced the wire at some point outside the building but the pair in the MDF which connected to the cable to our unit remains unchanged. I'm still a bit confused about the lead cable here so I'm writing this to eliminate confusion.

I've sent the following photos and messeges to Allen via SMS/MMS where I receive notices from TPG but not sure if they can reach there.

Hope you can see the photo, in the middle there's a large black cable contains many pairs of wires, which will be connected to the unit through the jumper. I believe this one is the lead cable you are talking about.Hope you can see the photo, in the middle there's a large black cable contains many pairs of wires, which will be connected to the unit through the jumper. I believe this one is the lead cable you are talking about.One of those pairs are connected to the cable for different unit, ours is the white cable with the red tag on it, and the blue green pair is the one we are connected.One of those pairs are connected to the cable for different unit, ours is the white cable with the red tag on it, and the blue green pair is the one we are connected.Many pairs from that big black cable connect to the jumper and no one is using them. My question is that is it possible to allocate another pair of wire from those unused ones? I don't think those pairs are designated for particular units.Many pairs from that big black cable connect to the jumper and no one is using them. My question is that is it possible to allocate another pair of wire from those unused ones? I don't think those pairs are designated for particular units.

Please forward the above photos and caption to Allen from engineering team if possible. I don't think cancellation of service or switching the vendor will help. After this is clarified, I will discuss with my housemate and make the decision on it.

Thank you very much.

Shane

Hi @ppheart,

Thanks for the additional details.

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers.

I will pass this to our Engineering Team for additional reference and make a follow up at the same time.

Regards,

ppheart
Level 3

Hi moderators,

I received a phone call from Allen from engineer team and we discussed a bit about the outcome (we won't cancel the service at this point). But he didn't get the message with those photos in the MDF and I suggested him check with you. (End of first phone call).

A few minutes later I missed the phone call from the same number (was quite busy at workplace), I guess it was Allen again and he got the message I want him to know. I tried to call back but the staff had trouble getting Allen in contact. I'm not sure if he will call back on Monday. Can you please inform him that I will be waiting for his call on Monday?

Thank you very much!

Shane

Hi @ppheart,

Thanks for getting back to us. The Screenshot/Images has been forwarded to our Engineering Team.

I will pass this to the Assigned Engineer and request for a call back on Monday. Regards,

Regards,

ppheart
Level 3

@Shane wrote:

Hi @ppheart,

Thanks for getting back to us. The Screenshot/Images has been forwarded to our Engineering Team.

I will pass this to the Assigned Engineer and request for a call back on Monday. Regards,

Regards,

Thank you very much!

Shane

You're welcome! 😊

Mc_Gerald

Hi @ppheart,

Hope you're doing well. I understand that our Engineering team has now been in touch and discussed the concerns raised. Thanks for raising this matter and giving us the opportunity to help you, please don't hesitate to reach out should you need further assistance.

Regards,

-Mc

ppheart
Level 3

Hi there,

After all those works the problem is still there. Since engineer team has tried everything but got no luck, I will try a different ISP to see how things going. My housemate will move out soon and he is going to transfer the TPG service to his new address. Besides the re-installation, is there any case number for this?

Regards,

Richard

Erika

Hi @ppheart,

I’m really sorry about the inconvenience this has caused.

I believe you were advised by our Senior Engineer that given the available technology, this is the best service we can provide.

Before we have come to this conclusion, numerous tasks were raised to Telstra whenever you report the concern. It was then later identified that there are external factors which TPG has no control of that affects the service.

I've now sent you a private message with the reference number of your case with our Engineering team. 

Regards,

ppheart
Level 3

Hi @Erika,

Thanks for your message. The engineer told me that the fault point located around 170m away from the MDF, I'll take a walk around to see if I can find anything.

And out of curiosity, what actually happened during a service re-installation? Specifically did we change the port on the DSLAM in the exchange? Just want to catch up everything because I don't have a clear understanding on  what's going on.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,