TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds for 2+ weeks

SOLVED Go to solution
tsendo89
Level 2

Hi!

I’m signed up to the adsl2+ Unlimited with home phone plan.

The internet speed has suddenly gotten very slow since 2 weeks ago. I’m struggling to even watch YouTube clips at 480p.

I have tried resetting the router and the isolation test but nothing has changed.

However my home phone receiver shows “check TEL Line” message on the screen. There is a very loud static noise and I can’t make or receive calls.

I’m wondering if you could help me figure out what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

Thanks for sending me a message confirming that your service has been fixed and now its back to normal speed. In case you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to create a thread here in our community.

Have a lovely day! Cheers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

Welcome to the community! I was able to pull up your account using your community details and ran initial tests on it. The test result shows there is a possible line fault causing the service to run slow and static noise on your home phone. I would love to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further tests and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

Thanks for sending me your details. I will look for available technician today and get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

I arranged one of our Technicians to call you in between 5PM-6PM Sydney time.

Let me know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

tsendo89
Level 2
Hi Shane,

I have just got off the call the the technician and she guided me through a line test and has informed me that my case will be forwarded to the engineers for further investigation.

Thanks!
Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

I am glad to know that. I'll be keeping an eye on this case. Rest assured feedback will be provided by our Engineering Team where is possible.

Have a lovely day! 😊

Regards,

Shane

Hi @tsendo89,

Thanks for sending me a message confirming that your service has been fixed and now its back to normal speed. In case you will have queries in the future do not hesitate to create a thread here in our community.

Have a lovely day! Cheers.