TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Upload Speed on NBN50

c0lchester
Level 2

I recently purchased an NBN50 Broadband plan. I tried to upload a video to YouTube last night and it has taken nearly 6 hours to complete. A speed test shows I am only getting around 0.5Mbps upload speed. On my previous plan from another provider I was getting 2Mbps which is also slow but considerably faster than what I am getting now. I switched to TPG hoping to get better service. My modem is a TPLink Archer VR400 and it was supplied my me and set up using the guides on your website. 

Please help. TPG speed test.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @c0lchester

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Are you connected via Wired or WiFi connection?

Have you checked the QoS on your router if it's enabled or disabled?

Kindly send me a PM with your account details for us to confirm if the correct speed has been applied.

BasilDV

c0lchester
Level 2

I have tried changing the upload speed on the modem interface with QoS enabled but it is set at 691Kbps and shown as maximum upstream rate on the web interface.  

TP Link QoS 2.JPG

BasilDV

Hi @c0lchester

We've edited your post as it contains your account details.

Please avoid posting any account or personal information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We've tested the line and it shows that the modem/router is getting a low sync/connection speed.

Is the modem/router connected to the wall socket directly or you are using a splitter/filter?

BasilDV

c0lchester
Level 2

Hi, the modem is connected directly to the wall socket. There are no splitters being used. For context, I was getting an upload speed of 2Mbps with my previous ISP. No changes have been made to the cable/socket/line infrastructure since then. The only thing I have done is to purchase a new modem as the old one was locked to the previous ISP and couldn't be reconfigured for TPG. 

Shane

Hi @c0lchester,

We will arrange one of our Technicians to contact you to perform a real-time test and investigation to fix the slow upload speed of the connection. Could confirm your best contact time and preferred date?

Regards,

Hi, the modem is connected directly to the wall socket. There are no splitters being used. For context, I was getting an upload speed of 2Mbps with my previous ISP. No changes have been made to the cable/socket/line infrastructure since then. The only thing I have done is to purchase a new modem as the old one was locked to the previous ISP and couldn't be reconfigured for TPG. 

c0lchester
Level 2

I am retired and available most days after 9:30am. Tomorrow through to Friday would be fine with me.

BasilDV

Hi @c0lchester

We've raised your case with our Engineering team for further investigation as there's a possible fault within the line.

Updates will be provided within 24 to 48 hours.

BasilDV