Slow Upload Speed

nelgnej
Level 3

Hi Support Team,

I am connected to the NBN 50 FTTN. At present I have only been able to get an upload speed of 14mbps and not to the 20mbps. TPG have said that this area was able have an upload speed much higher than 20mbps.

I am using Ethernet cable from the PC direct to Modem/Router

Steps I have taken.

1. TPG updated the Modem/router firmware.

2. Checked all Drivers and Windows10 on PC are upto date. 

3. Checked all cables.

4. Disabled - Upload programes (Dropbox, One Drive, and Microsoft Update checks)

5. ping -n 10 192.168.1.1 which showed there are no delays in your home network.

6. ping -n 10 www.tpg.com.au 

7. tracert -d 203.26.27.38  show that there is a big delay getting through the NBN network.

8. tracert  203.26.27.38  show that there is a big delay getting through the NBN network.

9. Measurement Lab speed test at 8:00am it was 9.97mbps and at 8:30am was 8.35Mbps

10. Evening speed between 10pm and 4am was 15Mbps. This information was retrieved from the Upload File Data log from Acronis

Please find attached the results.

Does the HG659 have a bandwidth control hidden from the user but accessible by TPG?

Is there anything that can be done to increase my upload speed. 

Many Thanks

nelgnej

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @nelgnej,

Thanks for raising this to us and posting additional details of the troubleshooting you have done. I would love to arrange one of our Technicians for real-time test and investigations, please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi Support Team,

I am connected to the NBN 50 FTTN. At present I have only been able to get an upload speed of 14mbps and not to the 20mbps. TPG have said that this area was able have an upload speed much higher than 20mbps.

I am using Ethernet cable from the PC direct to Modem/Router

Steps I have taken.

1. TPG updated the Modem/router firmware.

2. Checked all Drivers and Windows10 on PC are upto date. 

3. Checked all cables.

4. Disabled - Upload programes (Dropbox, One Drive, and Microsoft Update checks)

5. ping -n 10 192.168.1.1 which showed there are no delays in your home network.

6. ping -n 10 www.tpg.com.au 

7. tracert -d 203.26.27.38  show that there is a big delay getting through the NBN network.

8. tracert  203.26.27.38  show that there is a big delay getting through the NBN network.

9. Measurement Lab speed test at 8:00am it was 9.97mbps and at 8:30am was 8.35Mbps

10. Evening speed between 10pm and 4am was 15Mbps. This information was retrieved from the Upload File Data log from Acronis

Please find attached the results.

Does the HG659 have a bandwidth control hidden from the user but accessible by TPG?

Is there anything that can be done to increase my upload speed. 

Many Thanks

nelgnej