TPG Community

Get online support

Slow connection and constant drop outs

SOLVED Go to solution
Dehousername
Level 2

Hi TPG, I seem to be getting a lot of drop outs lately and slow speeds recently/ in the past 3 days.

Can you please check and see if what is going on?

The connection doesn't seem to be stable and drops out every 20-30 minutes. I have tried turning my modem (ARCHER D2) on and off, unplugging it for 10 minutes as well doing a factory reset on the modem and a firmware upgrade but nothing works...

I also don't have any telephones connected or other internet lines.

This happened to me a couple years back and a TPG rep looked into my line and did some minor adjustments and it resolved the problem.

Can you please help me out? My tpg username is "xxxxx" and I'm based in Footscray VIC. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Dehousername,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your given details and ran initial test to your service. Iniital test result shows multiple dropouts on the line and a possible line fault causing dropouts and a slow conneciton. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

In case you need a reference: How to send a Private Message.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Shane

Hi @Dehousername,

I arranged one of our Technicians to call you earlier today between 5-5:30PM Sydney time but no avail. In case you have a free time, Please call 131423, option 2 for assistance.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @Dehousername,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your given details and ran initial test to your service. Iniital test result shows multiple dropouts on the line and a possible line fault causing dropouts and a slow conneciton. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

In case you need a reference: How to send a Private Message.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Dehousername,

I arranged one of our Technicians to call you earlier today between 5-5:30PM Sydney time but no avail. In case you have a free time, Please call 131423, option 2 for assistance.

Cheers!

Dehousername
Level 2

Hi Shane

Thank you so much for your help.

A technician came over today and changed the main telstra line.

My drop out has resolved and speed has gone up.

Excellent service! Smiley Happy

Ahra_G

We're glad to know that everything is all good now with your service, Dehousername

If you have any outstanding issues or requires assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again here or check out our self help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

Cheers!