TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet speed on superfast plan

SOLVED Go to solution
mm314
Level 2

Is anyone else experiencing really slow upload speeds? I'm on an NBN Cable Superfast plan and I am getting upload speeds of 0.2 Mbps (as measured by tpg.speedtestcustom.com). The down load speed is acceptable at 48.2 Mbps, but the SLOW upload speed makes it difficult to work from home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mm314
Level 2

Thanks for your reply BasilDV. All speed tests were performed via a wired connection over a period of a couple of hours. Interestingly the upload speed this evening is an average of 38.0 Mbps, so all appears to have been remedied. Since the change from 0.2 Mbps to 38.0 Mbps I have not changed anything (or rebooted any devices), so the issue must have been further upstream. Thanks for taking the time to reply BasilDV.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mm314
Level 2

As a follow up, I have checked to ensure there are no outages noted in my area. I have also attached a screen shot of the speed test.

BasilDV

Hi @mm314

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection?

If via WiFi, have you tried to test the speed via Wired to compare the speed that you are getting?

What troubleshooting have you already performed?

BasilDV

mm314
Level 2

Thanks for your reply BasilDV. All speed tests were performed via a wired connection over a period of a couple of hours. Interestingly the upload speed this evening is an average of 38.0 Mbps, so all appears to have been remedied. Since the change from 0.2 Mbps to 38.0 Mbps I have not changed anything (or rebooted any devices), so the issue must have been further upstream. Thanks for taking the time to reply BasilDV.

BasilDV

Glad that the service is back to normal @mm314.

Have a good day!

BasilDV