Slow internet

BasilDV

Hi @giuseppe1981,

Building a new exchange will not be possible as the NBN fibre will be the new technology that all service providers will use in the near future. If you were getting a good sync speed before, it means that you were just 1 Km or less away from the exchange.

However, since you move to a new location, the cable distance played a big factor with the speed that you are receiving. As we've mentioned above, the speed of the ADSL2+ service depends on the quality and the cable length of the copper cable being used to provide you the service.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

giuseppe1981
Level 2

@BasilDV,

Ok you can't build a new exchange, I have to wait for the NBN. Got it!!!! Seriously stop saying that, please.

You still didn't answer my question:

Why am I paying the same money of someone that gets full speed? It should be different considering I'm getting less than half of the speed.

BasilDV

The price of our ADSL2+ service is fixed. You may refer to our website for more information.

Actual speeds will vary due to many factors including distance from the local telephone exchange, the quality of the customer's copper phone line, cabling and equipment.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

giuseppe1981
Level 2

@BasilDV you've been so useful, thank you very much.

giuseppe1981
Level 2

Hi,

I'm still having so many issues with the internet connection, as I understood from the previous replies on this conversation, it's not possible to speed up my adsl more than 7mb.

However, I would like to inform you that I had to hire a spot in a cooworking space as it's impossible for me to work from my place, the speed is insanely slow (see the screenshot attached), it's unbelievable that in 2019 my adsl is linked at 328kbps in downstream and 85kbps in upstream.

I also tried to disconnect and reconnect the router and the result was that it's not linking anymore.

I will send you the invoices of the cooworking space until you resolve the issue and give me at least a resonable speed.

Cheers

Riezl

Hi @giuseppe1981, we are detecting a line fault affecting the stability of your connection, thus we have escalated this to our Engineering Team.

The case engineer will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the progression of the case.

Please also PM us the account details of the co working space so we can also check the status of its TPG service. Thank you.

giuseppe1981
Level 2
Hi,
Just received these messages (see screenshot attached) from tpg.
They say the line will be fixed by 26/02, TWO WEEKS RANGE! Are you gonna cut off these days from my next bill?
giuseppe1981
Level 2
@Riezl
I don’t see any outage on Telstra.
Can you please explain it?
See attached
Rica_R

Hi @giuseppe1981,

We definitely understand that the wait time has been less than ideal, however, we are dependent on our wholesale provider which is Telstra to attend your service, therefore we are subjected to their connection timeframes.

Follow up details with the Network outage within Telstra network will be provided once available. Thank you.

giuseppe1981
Level 2
Hi @Rica_R,
Can you please tell me the process to cancel my TPG service ASAP?
Thank you