Slow speed

Linh
Level 2

Hi,

I upgraded to NBN 100 early this month. However, I am not satisfied with the speed. The wifi is up and down like a wave. It supports over 50 Mbps. I have tried to contact the Technical Support the last two weeks. They answered one time, the speed was up to fast speed for half an hour and then drop again. Since that day I could not call the Technical Support ever because the line was too busy. Sometimes I was rejected. I did follow the community to speed up the wifi. When I connected to the router by Eternal cable, the speed is 97 Mbps. I disconnected the cable and use the wifi, the speed is drop down. 

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @Linh,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. We are able to locate your account using your community details and ran initial test, it shows your service has been connected for 8h 44m and getting a passing speed on the line.

Please post a screen shot of the speed test result on this thread both wired and wireless connection for reference.

We'd like to confirm if you tried to follow the basic troubleshooting on the article we made about improving wireless connection available below.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!

Linh
Level 2

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 6.33.02 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-25 at 6.34.24 pm.pngHi there,

As you can see the screenshots. I tested when I place my laptop next to the router and is located in the middle of the house. There is a totally different speed when I use cable and without cable. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting before I post this one. 

How can you help to improve the wifi?

Shane

Hi @Linh,

As you have proven that this is indeed a Wireless Connection Issue have you tried to follow the troubleshooting available on the article we posted above?

Hi there,

As you can see the screenshots. I tested when I place my laptop next to the router and is located in the middle of the house. There is a totally different speed when I use cable and without cable. I have tried all the basic troubleshooting before I post this one. 

How can you help to improve the wifi?

Linh
Level 2

Hey,

Your solutions do not work. I did tell you I tried all the link you gave me many times such as moving the router to the center of the house, nothing around the router like microwave, fish bowl...., changed the channel to 1 or 9 (only 9 channels), test the speed while placing my computer next to the router (no wall). The speed does not up. HOPELESS.

Shane

Hi @Linh,

Thanks for the additional details. We can see that you have been in contact with one of our Support and this has been raised to our Engineering Team. We will pass this on to them for additional reference and request for immediate feedback within the day.

Regards,

Riezl

Hi @Linh, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

Thanks for giving us another chance to further investigate the issue.

The Team is closely monitoring your case and the case engineer will be in touch as soon as a new update becomes available.

Should you have further queries, feel free to message us. Thank you.