TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload speed 0.8 mbps with TPG 50mbps plan

shwetakadu24
Level 2

I recently changed my plan to the NBN 50 plan, the download speed did improve from 12mbs to 50mbs. However, the upload speed is still unchanged at about 0.8mbs, I heard that it should be around 20mbs upload for the NBN50 plan. Therefore, I hope the supports can provide me with some help.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Master

Hi @shwetakadu24 . Can you login to the router admin and check if Bandwidth Control is enabled and if there is a value for upstream bandwidth.

If it is enabled, the value for your plan should be 19800 Kbps.

shwetakadu24
Level 2

Hi @david64 ,

I checked in router admin portal, I can't find Bandwidth Control settings. 

tp-link, model: VX420-G2v

Please find attached screenshot of left navigation.

david64
Master

@shwetakadu24 . It's called that on VR1600. It could be called quality of service, or the VX420 may not have that function.

Did it come with a decent user manual or just quick start guide?

You could try a factory reset and do manual configuration.

shwetakadu24
Level 2

Hi  @david64 ,

It came with quick start guide. I have also raised a request to tpg customer care. But really need quick attention as my work is getting impacted.

Can they configured my router remotely? I am not comfortable for factory reset and manual configuration.

Please advice.

Thanks

david64
Master

@shwetakadu24 . If you can't find anything just by going through all the menus, you have to wait for TPG. They can access the router remotely.

It may well be something that TPG has done wrongly.

This link has instructions for VX420. You only need the small part on setting your username + @tpg.com.au and password.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Setup-and-Configuration-for-TP-Link-VX420-G2v-mod...