TPG Community

Get online support

Specific emails being sent to me rejected with 'unauthorized mail is prohibited'

RM1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

When my child's daycare sends me an email with a PDF attachment of our statement of account, it is rejected with the following error message:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

**********@tpg.com.au
   Error Type: SMTP
   Remote server (27.32.32.10) issued an error.
   hMailServer sent: DATA
   Remote server replied: 550 #5.7.1 SPF unauthorized mail is prohibited.

I have been receiving the emails/statements correctly for two years, but since about December last year I haven't been receiving them.  I receive all other emails from their email address, it just seems it is the statement emails that aren't coming through.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this, or is this an issue at their end?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @RM1 ,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd love to help and escalate this to our postmaster. To better understand the situation please shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include the e-mail address affecetd with the issue.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@RM1 wrote:

Hi

When my child's daycare sends me an email with a PDF attachment of our statement of account, it is rejected with the following error message:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

**********@tpg.com.au
   Error Type: SMTP
   Remote server (27.32.32.10) issued an error.
   hMailServer sent: DATA
   Remote server replied: 550 #5.7.1 SPF unauthorized mail is prohibited.

I have been receiving the emails/statements correctly for two years, but since about December last year I haven't been receiving them.  I receive all other emails from their email address, it just seems it is the statement emails that aren't coming through.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this, or is this an issue at their end?

Thanks for your help!

gmckay01
Level 2

Hi,

I have the same problem with an auto forwarder often failing.  The last message was

This is the mail system at host gateway22.websitewelcome.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<gmckay01@tpg.com.au>: host asav.tpg.com.au[27.32.32.10] said: 550 #5.7.1 SPF
unauthorized mail is prohibited. (in reply to DATA command)

Please help as this is a common problem that mail is not getting through, eg emails from Coles.

Garry
gmckay01@tpg.com.au

Shane

Hi @gmckay01,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, with this kind of email issue it would be best raise this to our Postmaster directly by sending email to postmaster@tpg.com.au.

Simply include your TPG E-mail address, username/customer ID. 

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Hi,

I have the same problem with an auto forwarder often failing.  The last message was

This is the mail system at host gateway22.websitewelcome.com. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could notbe delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system < gmckay01@tpg.com.au>: host asav.tpg.com.au[27.32.32.10] said: 550 #5.7.1 SPFunauthorized mail is prohibited. (in reply to DATA command)  Please help as this is a common problem that mail is not getting through, eg emails from Coles. Garrygmckay01@tpg.com.au