TPG Community

Get online support

Speed boost failed to launch, Benowa 4217 :)

SOLVED Go to solution
garythomann13
Level 6

+ like all TPG customers received the 6 month complimentary speed boost from 100 to 200 plan

> nothing has changed and still getting 80-90 download, 20+ upload

> reviewed community threads and found similar stories

> nothing has changed our end, same router, modem etc

> modem has been factory reset today

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
garythomann13
Level 6

Thanks for your help.  Time for a new switch as not gigabit rated Smiley Happy

Checked with direct eth connection to router and 250 down with no change to up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @garythomann13 

Thanks for raising this with us.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection? If via WiFi, are you using the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

If via Wired, are you using a Cat5 Ethernet cable or Cat5e Ethernet cable? 

We've tested the NBN line and can confirm that the free speed boost has been successfully applied.

BasilDV

garythomann13
Level 6

Hi BasilDV

Thanks for your reply.  My connection is wired as I work from home.   Just fired the tpg speed test and still below 100.  Average of 5 tests is a bit over 90 down and a bit over 20 up.  Looks like a slight increase in download from pre-boost but a near halving of upload.  Strange.

And the cables are all cat6.  Recent renovation 2018.

david64
Level 15

Hi @garythomann13 . Can you login to your router and check Bandwidth Control or Quality of Service. It might be enabled with a setting that restricts it to 100Mbps connection. If it is set, try increasing it until the TPG upload speed test fails to complete. I think you'll be stuck with the 20 upload.

garythomann13
Level 6

Router is tplink Archer VR1600v.  The Bandwidth Control was enabled with upstream set at 24500  and downstream set as blank.   I disabled bandwidth control and rebooted router.  Speed test results still show no change with speeds, 90+ down and 20+ up average.

david64
Level 15

@garythomann13 . Can you check the properties of the ethernet adaptor on your computer. Check that speed is set to Auto.

Also, no background network activity. Task Manager networking tab will show anything else happening.

No activity on wifi devices.

garythomann13
Level 6

Thanks for your help.  Time for a new switch as not gigabit rated Smiley Happy

Checked with direct eth connection to router and 250 down with no change to up.