TPG Community

Get online support

Speed much slower than 50mbps - was faster with Dodo - why should I stay?

melichaahmat
Level 2

I had an internet connection with Dodo only 2 weeks ago and was getting 42MBps download speeds at PEAK with the same number of users in the house. Literally nothing besides the modem and internet provider changed. I'm now only getting 19MBps upload speeds at the most.... 

I'm not sure how TPG would have got the Canstar rating if the speed... very suddenly decreases. And the minimal acceptable speed of 10MBps is a joke when you're paying for a 50MBps plan. If I knew this would happen, I would have gladly stayed with Dodo and paid $5 more a month with the actual speeds advertised. Can I be reimbursed for this?  

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @melichaahmat 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

'I had an internet connection with Dodo only 2 weeks ago and was getting 42MBps download speeds at PEAK with the same number of users in the house. Literally nothing besides the modem and internet provider changed. I'm now only getting 19MBps upload speeds at the most.... '

Download and Upload speed are different with each other. The NBN50/20 speed tier plan is configured with 1Mbps to 20Mbps Upload speed only. Based on the information given, you are getting a good Upload speed considering your NBN plan.

The typical evening speed for the NBN50 speed tier is 50Mbps, but may vary due to the number of devices connected and the type of connection (Wired or WiFi) you are using to test the speed.

We've created an article that will help you troubleshoot a slow speed issue. Check this link.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV