TPG Community

Get online support

Speeds severly reduced

mhughes58
Level 2

Hi Iam using the ADSL2+ & Home phone packagemy speeds are usually 17000/1000 but now ever since these storms i frequently get drop outs around midnight and now my speeds are only 7000/300

Its really becoming a chore to send art files to clients now, i think the storm has really ruined something in the Hornsby area.

I can get it upto 11000 download with +10db on the Stability Adjustment, but it wont connect to the internet then.

2 REPLIES 2
mhughes58
Level 2

Its getting worse

Modulation : ADSL2+
Annex Mode : Annex A/L
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 12761531
Lan Rx : 8547942
ADSL Tx : 23633
ADSL Rx : 44488
CRC Down : 0
CRC Up : 0
FEC Down : 0
FEC Up : 184
HEC Down : 0
HEC Up : 0
SNR Up : 14.0
SNR Down : 12.4
Line Attenuation Up : 26.0
Line Attenuation Down : 37.0
Data Rate Up : 56
Data Rate Down : 2616
Riezl

Hi @mhughes58,

The actual speeds for ADSL2+ services will vary due to many factors including distance from the local telephone exchange, the quality of the customer's copper phone line, cabling and equipment.

Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

There are cases that the actual speed is no longer enough to accommodate the devices and its online activities and it may look like the connection is dropping out.

We'd recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you check if the speed you're getting at the moment is within acceptable range.

This also includes troubleshooting on how the speed can be improved.

Slow speed issue

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.