TPG Community

Get online support

Spotify and Netflix will not load - both Apps and in Browser

ecln
Level 2

Netflix and Spotify will not load in both the apps and browsers. I have tried on an iMac, iPad and iPhone with the same results. The rest of the internet loads fine, including Stan. Netflix and Spotify apps both say there is no connection. netflix.com and Spotify.com do not load either. 

Based off a previous question I have tried changing the WIFI channel, as well as the ID and password, neither changing the results. 

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hi @ecln,

Have you tried to access both websites on a Laptop/Desktop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable?

I'd like to know what troubleshooting have you done so far?

Regards,

ecln
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I have not tried an Ethernet cable, just as I do not own one and do not want to purchase one just to test this method, however if its necessary I can obtain one.

I have tried chaning WIFI channel like is listed here: (for the Huawei HG532d)

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...

This was based off the advice found on this community post

( https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Can-anyone-help-Some-websites-won-t-load-when-use... ) who also recommended changing the WIFI name and password, which I also did.

Shane

Hi @ecln,

Thanks for the additional details.

What browsers have you tried so far?

Have you tried turning off the modem for 2-3mins and turn it back on again?

Regards,

ecln
Level 2

Yeah I've tried restarting the modem, and I've tested it on Safari and Chrome.

Shane

Hi @ecln,

Does it have error message whenever you try to access the two websites?

Is it possible for you to post a screenshot on this thread?

Regards,

ecln
Level 2

Yeah it just says there is no internet connection. 

Spotify App says "You are offline" 

Shane

Hi @ecln,

Please post a screen shot of the actual error message and PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

Regards,

Shane

Hi @ecln,

Sorry for delayed repsonse. Thanks for sending me your details.

I will run initial tests on your connection and get back to you as soon as I got the test results.

I'd like to set your expectation that I may need to arrange a call from one of our Technicians in case the issue is still the same after the initial tests.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @ecln,

Initial test result shown there is no fault detected and your service is connected for 15h 14m with a passing speed on the line.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time. I will have one of our Technicians to call you for further testing.

Regards,