TPG Community

Get online support

Stopped receiving domain name emails

ipsa
Level 2

Hi,

I'm posting this here in the hope it gets some fast attention as this is affecting my business.

I have stopped receiving domain name email. I beleive this started on Friday and speaking to a customer service guy this morning I am not the only one.

The default xxx@tpg.com.au email works but the domain email does not. I am able to access the inboxes but no emails are found.

mxtoolbox check has found TPG mx servers are on a blacklist. I'm not sure if this is the issue but it can't be good.

Status Problemblacklistmx1.tpgi.com.au (203.12.160.122)Blacklisted by UCEPROTECTL2
Status Problemblacklistmx2.tpgi.com.au (203.12.160.123)Blacklisted by UCEPROTECTL2 
Status Problemsmtpmx1.tpgi.com.auFailed To Connect
Status Problemsmtpmx2.tpgi.com.auFailed To Connect

The worrying thing is most customers sending emails are not being allerted that there is an issue and assume they are being received. If their server stops trying to deliver them they will be lost.

I hope this can be rectified ASAP.

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Hi @ipsa

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @ipsa,

Which email address is affected by the said issue?

BasilDV

ipsa
Level 2

All my domain emails. Not the default xxx.tpg.com.au email. I'll send you a PM with the exact emails.

The xxx.tpg.com.au emails appear to use a different server.

ipsa
Level 2

Well... it's been 5 days and my business domain email is still down - "The case is still under investigation by our Network Engineers."

This doesn't seem to be a priority for TPG. It's hard to believe an IT company cannot promply fix what should be a simple IT issue. It's email, not rocket science.

ipsa
Level 2

Delivery Status Notification from Gmail senders:

The response was:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720 [mx1.tpgi.com.au. 203.12.160.122: FAILED_PRECONDITION: connect error (111): Connection refused] [mx2.tpgi.com.au. 203.12.160.123: FAILED_PRECONDITION: connect error (111): Connection refused]

BasilDV

Hi @ipsa

Could you please test the email domains again?

We've been advised that it should be working now.

BasilDV

ipsa
Level 2

I have tested the email domains and it appears that the issue has been resolved and I am now receiving emails. Thank you BasilDV for your assistance.

For anyone interested, the tpg mail exchange servers listed above are now not blacklisted. So it appears this was the causing the issue.

edit: Also looks like tpg are now using the same mx server the default tpg email - asav.tpg.com.au.

BasilDV

Glad that this has been sorted out @ipsa.

Have a good day!

BasilDV