TPG Community

Get online support

Stuck in a support Loop!

User1112
Level 2

I am in the exact same position as I started since the 10th August. The issue is no internet (drops out for 8-16 hours) and when it comes back on the speed is around 5mbps to 12mbps. I am on a 25mbps plan and can usually get 23-24mbps.

Ticket 1: Ticket closed because we can see your connection is working - but the speed is slow and it continues to drop out for 8-16 hours.

Ticket 2: Booked an NBN technician to come out and fix issue. We organise someone to be home and the tech does not show up. Ticket closed your service is working. Exact same issue still - slow and drop outs.

Ticket 3: Another technician booked, support made it clear that the technician must not only turn up but go into the premises so they can check modem and connections. We organise for some one to be home again and this time - Ticket closed and technician cancelled because your service is working.........GUESS WHAT....it's still running slow..

So I cant call support because I've tried that 3 times. Currently paying for 6-12mbps of internet that is sometimes connected for a bit. 

How do I break this loop ?

Edit: On NBN FFTN, using huawei 658 on 25mbps plan.

8 REPLIES 8
Ahra_G

Hi @User1112

We're here to help out and further check if there's any underlying connection issue. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

User1112
Level 2

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @User1112

We're here to help out and further check if there's any underlying connection issue. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

What account details do you need ?

Ahra_G

Please send your TPG Customer ID or username privately via message, @User1112

User1112
Level 2
Ok so I got a call from tpg support today. A few minutes later my speed returns to 23.5mbps. One hour later I'm disconnected again.......
I have two questions:
1. What was done on your end to restore my speed because it was an instant fix ?
2. Since I'm disconnected again, how do I escape the support loop. It's the same thing over and over and over.
Shane

We'd love to help check the status of the connection and see what causing these dropouts. Please confirm the details we sent you via PM to better understand the situation.

You may reply to me by sending PM, this is how. 

Regards,

Ok so I got a call from tpg support today. A few minutes later my speed returns to 23.5mbps. One hour later I'm disconnected again.......
I have two questions:
1. What was done on your end to restore my speed because it was an instant fix ?
2. Since I'm disconnected again, how do I escape the support loop. It's the same thing over and over and over.

User1112
Level 2
Nevermind. I know the answer. You don't escape the support loop. Got a message to book my 3rd technician appointment for someone who hasn't turned up yet. That will be a total of 15 days of no service or slow service. It would be quicker to change ISPs.
Shane

We can definitely help and chase this with our engineering team, but we need your account information to pull up the escalated fault details. 

Nevermind. I know the answer. You don't escape the support loop. Got a message to book my 3rd technician appointment for someone who hasn't turned up yet. That will be a total of 15 days of no service or slow service. It would be quicker to change ISPs.

User1112
Level 2
No thanks. I'll wait until next week to see if the technician turns up and my ongoing issue is fixed. If not I will cancel my service. It's a shame, I have been with TPG since dial up existed. But something has gone wrong with your support and service.