TPG Community

Get online support

Sudden High Ping on SEA Game Servers (NBN100 Adelaide)

BasilDV

Hi @kimkelvin 

We'd like to raise this to our Tech team for real time testing.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . Are you connected to the TPG network in the same way that users are? Maybe you could do the same tracert command and post your results here for comparison.

BasilDV

Hi @david64

It is better to get this sorted with our Tech team.

We'll be waiting for your account details via PM @kimkelvin.

BasilDV

Vhorlon
Level 4

5 days since the last reply here. Asian servers still currently yield 300ms+ ping when they were previously on a steady 80-120ms. Several tpg users seem to be experiencing the same situation (myself included). Is there any update? Any word whatsoever?

Shane

Hi @Vhorlon ,

There is no report of known issue hence routing could be caused of the sudden spike of latency. Send us your details together with the result of latest ping test and tracert so we can coordinate this with our Engineering Team.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

5 days since the last reply here. Asian servers still currently yield 300ms+ ping when they were previously on a steady 80-120ms. Several tpg users seem to be experiencing the same situation (myself included). Is there any update? Any word whatsoever?

Vhorlon
Level 4

@Shane wrote:

Hi @Vhorlon,

There is no report of known issue hence routing could be caused of the sudden spike of latency. Send us your details together with the result of latest ping test and tracert so we can coordinate this with our Engineering Team.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

With respect, a "sudden spike of latency" doesn't last for two weeks, sorry. Also, there is a report of an issue. The original poster has reported it. There is clearly an underlying and ongoing cause. It has already been reported that connections are being routed through HK and other locations further away than the destination. Others have already sent their results of ping tests, tracerts etc. My issue is the same. The symptoms are identical and manifested at the same time. Nothing has changed since the issue was reported. And I happen to live in the same city as the original poster. The tracerts and other information already provided herein should provide an idea where to look for the cause, as has been stated in this thread by another user already. Please don't continue to try to fob this issue off as "heavy traffic" or "sudden spikes in latency". It is clear that this is not the case, and the issue needs to be properly investigated further.

@david64 wrote:

@BasilDV . Are you connected to the TPG network in the same way that users are? Maybe you could do the same tracert command and post your results here for comparison.

Respectfully, this might be more useful than continuing to request what has already been provided.

BasilDV

Hi @Vhorlon

We'd like to check on this further.

BasilDV

lda17
Level 2

Also experiencing the same issue.

TPG HFC Brisbane

This is a screenshot of the region select in Dota2. SE Asia would previously average 120ms. Only within the last 8 days or so has this changed to at constantly be at least 350ms.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 160926.png

Sometimes queing in the Australia region will not find a match, so queueing a region with more players like SEA is required.

Shane

Hi @lda17 ,

Send us your details via PM with the test result of both tracert and ping test so we can coordinate this with our Technical Team for investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Also experiencing the same issue.

TPG HFC Brisbane

This is a screenshot of the region select in Dota2. SE Asia would previously average 120ms. Only within the last 8 days or so has this changed to at constantly be at least 350ms.

Screenshot 2023-06-08 160926.png

Sometimes queing in the Australia region will not find a match, so queueing a region with more players like SEA is required.

Vhorlon
Level 4

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @Vhorlon

We'd like to check on this further.

BasilDV

Hi @BasilDV

Please see my previous reply to @Shane (included below) to bring yourself up to speed. Thanks.

@Vhorlon wrote:

@Shane wrote:

Hi @Vhorlon,

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

With respect, a "sudden spike of latency" doesn't last for two weeks, sorry. Also, there is a report of an issue. The original poster has reported it. There is clearly an underlying and ongoing cause. It has already been reported that connections are being routed through HK and other locations further away than the destination. Others have already sent their results of ping tests, tracerts etc. My issue is the same. The symptoms are identical and manifested at the same time. Nothing has changed since the issue was reported. And I happen to live in the same city as the original poster. The tracerts and other information already provided herein should provide an idea where to look for the cause, as has been stated in this thread by another user already. Please don't continue to try to fob this issue off as "heavy traffic" or "sudden spikes in latency". It is clear that this is not the case, and the issue needs to be properly investigated further.

In all honesty I have little time for gaming as I work long hours - and even less time for troubleshooting a wider issue, given that others in this thread have generously taken the time to provide much of the information needed to locate the source already.