TPG Community

Get online support

Suddenly slow and now not even working.

Tpers
Level 2

1st of Feb my internet suddenly went from an avg of 15Mbps down to no more than 3.5Mbps, extremely slow but it was working I could still use it for basic web surfing.

Called up TPG ran some tests, and they determined there was an issue with the line outside the premises.

Got a technician supposedly coming "within the week" to fix the line.

As of today the internet is not even working at all, not getting anything at all. 

I'd like an update on the engineer and if I'm able to get one to come anytime sooner because I do need the internet as I have uni starting back up quite soon.

I have a ticket number as well as a telstra reference number.

I've already talked to the bill payers and will most likely be moving from TPG to a competitor if the issue isn't fixed by thursday as that is when I really need the internet to begin an assignment for uni.

Please I'm coming here as a last resort as calling technical support is getting me nowhere but killing 30 mins worth of being on hold.

I called up tech support today and they said they've made a request for a telstra engineer to get into contact with me within an hour, that was at 6:32pm and I've yet to get any call or text.

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @Tpers

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to learn that you are experiencing issues with the connection. We're certainly here to help and we'll try to assist you in the best possible way we can. 

I tried searching for your account using your Community details however we're unable to find any match. If it's not too much to ask, could you please send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you accordingly? 

We'll await for your response. 

Cheers! 

Tpers
Level 2
@Ahra_G
Saturday when I called to report the issue, was told I'd have a technician come out before Friday next week (this week now)

Got a call today, they updated me saying the technician is coming today (Wednesday), tomorrow or Friday. So essentially a useless call wasting time 🤷🤷
Ahra_G

Thanks! Got the details via PM, @Tpers

Your case has been escalated to Telstra due to the fault found on the network. As you are aware we rely on Telstra in your area to provide a service hence we are subjected to their timeframe and scheduling.

Due to similar issues in the area, Telstra technicians are experiencing overwhelmingly high workloads and tech response times are longer than normal.

As what has been advised based on the current service level in your area, Telstra will endeavour to restore the service on or before 09 Feb 2019 and your attendance is not required.

We understand what the service means to you and we apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,