Superfast no so fast

DavidA
Level 2

Hi,

I switched to superfast about 10 days ago but since then the fastest I have seen using the TPG speedtest is 70Mbps in the middle of the night with onlt the modem plugged in all other devices disconnected. I have rebooted everything but I do not get faster than this.

I am on HFC with an Archer VR1600.

Previously when I was on the trial 100Mbps plan I regularly got more than 100Mbps.

Should I log a ticket with support or just switch backto the 50Mbps plan I was on ?

4 REPLIES 4
avt85
Level 4

@DavidA 

1. What speed were you getting prior to the NBN superfast upgrade?
Is it 70Mbps as well? or lower?

2. Are you fttp, fttb or fttn?

3. If the speed remained the same as it was prior to the plan change, it is possible that your switch over wasn't done correctly.

4. Are you performing your test on a machine that is connected via cable?
If not, I would suggest testing that out first to make sure it's not your wifi speed bandwidth limitation. ie. 2.4ghz, etc..

5. Make sure cable connection is at 1Gbps and not 100Mbps.

BasilDV

Hi @DavidA 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it shows that the account is properly provisioned.

Have you tested the speed via WiFi or Wired? If via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

Please note that using a 2.4GHz band network, you may not get the speed for your plan. Try to use the 5GHz band network or LAN connection in order to confirm if you are getting the NBN Home superfast speed.

Check this article for some troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

DavidA
Level 2

Thanks BasilDV,

I am plugged directly into the modem via a 2m CAT6 cable.

I Have just run another speed test (with only 1 pc connected to the modem) and I am getting 64.1Mbps Down/23.6Mbps Up.

Any further ideas to try, as I think the next thing is to get NBN in to check the link.

Riezl

Hi @DavidA ,please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community