TPG Community

Get online support

TP Link Archer1600v with Asus ZenWifi AX6600

robplatts
Level 2

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting these to working together on TPG via VDSL.

I currently have the internet coming into the Archer1600, which i'd like then to run directly into the Asus via ethernet to use, I would essential ilke to disable all use of the Archer except as a pass through if that is possible. If anyone could share all the settings changes required that would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Master

Hi @robplatts . Read this:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Archer-vr1600v-bridge-mode-Totally-confused/m-p/1...

Basically, delete the VLAN 2 connection and add a new VLAN 2 connection in Bridge mode.

The Asus will be in standard mode with PPPoE, username and password.

The VOIP function of VR1600 doesn't work in bridge mode.

Check that the VR1600 wifi is off.

robplatts
Level 2
Hi David64,
Thx for the response, but no joy. I have set the Archer1600 to bridge mode and disabled dhcp. Rebooted and I get the DSL light solid. Reset Asus again, setup as wireless router and set pppoe as want type with my username without the @TPG.com.au. Lan cable is from port 1 on archer to wan port on Asus. All other settings in Asus are default as per previous screenshot, but it doesn't make a connection to TPG. Any other ideas? Multiple reboots on both debices
david64
Master

@robplatts . Regarding username, you could do a reset on Archer and reconfig and get internet connection on it. Note the format of the username. The username in Asus has to be the same format (either with or without the @tpg.com.au).

I would have expected that setting Archer in bridge mode would take care of incidental things, like not having to explicitly disable DHCP. When you create the new connection, is the interface name exactly as before?

With the Archer back in bridge mode, does the LANx indicator light come on when the Asus is connected?

Do reboot on Asus and login and check the System Log; there might be something helpful.

robplatts
Level 2

Thanks david,

After a lot of playing around this afternoon, a downgrade on firmware for the ASUS and I connected straight away.....updated firmware again so same version as the second asus node and all good. Go figure....