TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link VR1600v wifi is really poor

stelees
Level 2

Hi there,

I am not sure what has happened but over the last week or so the wifi from my VR1600v is getting worse and worse.

We haven't added any new devices here and infact through the day there is less demand on the wifi than in the evening.

It gets to the point when I am on a Teams call and my daughter is on Netflix I have to tell her to turn it off, this has never been the case.

I reboot the device once a week on Sunday nights just for the sake of habit.

2.4 and 5ghz are set to Channel width and Channel as Auto, transmit power is set to High.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can look at to try and get some more life out of the wifi as it's really shining a negative light on TPG NBN, I never had issues with my previous cable provider, modem they supplied.

Thanks all

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @stelees,

We'd like to check the speed of your service and see if there's any underlying connection issue. You may also refer to this Community article that may help you troubleshoot: Slow speed issue

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can locate your account and be able to run remote tests. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Hi there,

I am not sure what has happened but over the last week or so the wifi from my VR1600v is getting worse and worse.

We haven't added any new devices here and infact through the day there is less demand on the wifi than in the evening.

It gets to the point when I am on a Teams call and my daughter is on Netflix I have to tell her to turn it off, this has never been the case.

2.4 and 5ghz are set to Channel width and Channel as Auto, transmit power is set to High.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can look at to try and get some more life out of the wifi as it's really shining a negative light on TPG NBN, I never had issues with my previous cable provider, modem they supplied.

Thanks all

Shane

Hey, Stelees.

Thanks for sending us your details.

We ran an initial test it seems that the service has been connected for 1week 2d 1h 6m.

Please reply to this message if the issue still persists please update this thread.

Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks all

stelees
Level 2

Thanks for the confirmation of connection time, as I said I try to restart the wifi weekly, obviously running behind.  I have rebooted again on the weekend and today and there are still issues with degraded wifi when only one or two other devices are connected.

I was hoping for some suggestions for settings on the router I could look at to try and see if improvements can be found that way.

ta

Ahra_G

Got it, @stelees. Let me know of your most convenient time to receive a call and I'd be glad to organise a call back from a member of our Tech team to perform troubleshooting along with you. 

Thanks for the confirmation of connection time, as I said I try to restart the wifi weekly, obviously running behind.  I have rebooted again on the weekend and today and there are still issues with degraded wifi when only one or two other devices are connected.

I was hoping for some suggestions for settings on the router I could look at to try and see if improvements can be found that way.

ta