TPG Community

Get online support

Constant dropouts NBN fttn

robert2267
Level 2
I have been seeing constant dropouts for a couple of weeks. Some lasting 30 seconds up to a few minutes.
I have reset modem a couple of times which helps for a short time.

Any help would be greatful.

NBN status never shows any issues

Can someone please contact me as by phone is near impossible as the dropouts have become more frequent.
1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @robert2267,

Here are some factors that may cause dropouts: 

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

I've managed to locate your account and recent update indicated that a fault has been lodged to our Engineering Team. A tech visit has also been confirmed on Friday, 18 February 2022 between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. 

Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance or you may directly reply to SMS sent by our Engineering team. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G