TPG Community

Get online support

TP Link Vr1600V DHCP - Ethernet ISSUE

Masood
Level 2

Hi David

As you know, TP Link Archer VR1600v has in built 4 port switch. So, my Window10 Laptop is directly connected to one of the TP Link in built LAN port. Cisco 1841 is also connected to one of the free ports of TP Link LAN port. So, both devices are essentially on the same broadcast domain. Windows10 Laptop specs below and Cisco 1841 physical router both getting DHCP address assigned from TP Link Router. VMnet0 to bridge between EVE guest and Win10 NIC (Wind10 NIC is using Wired Ethernet Adapter)  

Windows10 Specs

(Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) with Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB) Out of which 8 GB is allocated to EVE-NG Virtaul Machine with in VMWare.

Cisco1841 has traceroute function but does not have SPAN Port (packet Sniffing feature)

I have tested same setup onto my Desktop (again connected to one of the other free port on TP Link) and noticed similar pattern of packet loss. I don’t have any other NBN/Broadband router where i can test. 

If i try using WI-FI adapter (in built with in my laptop and desktop) and map WI FI adapter with VMnet0 bridged adapter, EVE-NG VM gets DHCP IP address assigned but EVE-NG router does not get any DHCP IP address.  

Thanks

Masood
Level 2

Hey David

I have posted my issue onto EVE-NG Support and News Forum also i have posted onto Cisco community to see if someone can help. 

david64
Level 15

@Masood . Can you increase the wait timeout on ping and just do one ping. Want to see just how long it takes, also whether it gets there. Is it consistently slow?

Can you put Wireshark on Win10 computer. If it works alongside VMWare, it should verify that delays and drops are occurring there.

Netgear has a 5 port smart switch with port mirroring. Connect it between Archer and Win10 and define mirroring port to capture all traffic. If one of your other computers has both ethernet and wifi adapter, use Wireshark to capture traffic. Force Windows to use the wifi interface so there is no Windows traffic from the computer going to ethernet.

Does the Win10 TCPIP stack have its own ip address or does it use dot 19 as well? 

Or, oes it belong to EVE-NG VM or the virtual 3725?

How is it determined whether traffic goes to Win10 host or VMWare?

Does the Win10 computer have its own KVM or do you login from another computer?