TPG Gmail settings

SOLVED Go to solution
tk533
Level 3

Hi, are the instructions here up to date?

https://www.tpg.com.au/support/android.php

I'm trying to set up on my Android phone using Gmail app and it's not working with those settings. Post office works without any problem.

I mean, seriously, port 100 and 25, security none? Gmail seems to suggest port numbers like 995, 465, 587 etc. What's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @tk533 . The settings are correct; it's port 110, not port 100. Do you get an error message when trying to send or receive?

With security setting, is there an option of STARTTLS? It will encrypt the session.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @tk533 . The settings are correct; it's port 110, not port 100. Do you get an error message when trying to send or receive?

With security setting, is there an option of STARTTLS? It will encrypt the session.

tk533
Level 3

Oops, thanks David64. It has worked. Because of all the different ports put in by Gmail automatically, I've decided to edit the settings manually and must have accidentally put in 100 instead of 110. I've also changed security to STARTTLS as you suggested, and it automatically changed the port to 110.

TPG mail response is really slow though! Feels like taking forever to come in. Anyway, what matters is it's working. Thanks again.