TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN FTTN Internet speed has halved.

Sewerk
Level 2

Recently my TPG FTTN 50 plan has halved in speed. I use to regularly get 45Mbps download speeds and on occasions it would drop to 39-40Mbps. 
However over the last couple of weeks this has dropped to anywhere around 20-25Mbps and sometimes around 4-5Mbps. It is also very erratic where as i use to get a very stable 45Mbps most of the time. 

Please explain TPG, as i know my hardware and connection to my house can support 45Mbps as it has for the last 8-12months. 

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @Sewerk ,

Thanks for raising this to us, we'd like to confirm what devices are affected? Have you tested the speed using desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable?

In the event that affected devices are those connected via Wi-Fi, it is possible that the speed issue is caused by Wireless Interference, here are some articles that you may find helpful.

Regards,

@Sewerk wrote:

Recently my TPG FTTN 50 plan has halved in speed. I use to regularly get 45Mbps download speeds and on occasions it would drop to 39-40Mbps. 
However over the last couple of weeks this has dropped to anywhere around 20-25Mbps and sometimes around 4-5Mbps. It is also very erratic where as i use to get a very stable 45Mbps most of the time. 

Please explain TPG, as i know my hardware and connection to my house can support 45Mbps as it has for the last 8-12months. 

Sewerk
Level 2

Gday Shane, 

Thanks for the reply. 

All devices are currently affected, Tables, Phones, Smart tv and my desktop PC. 
I have tested on my Desktop that is connected via ethernet and the speed has literally halved. I have also tested on wifi devices and the speed is also slower. 

Cheers 

Shane

Hi @Sewerk,

Thanks for the confirmation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow, we'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time test and investigation.

Regards,

Gday Shane, 

Thanks for the reply. 

All devices are currently affected, Tables, Phones, Smart tv and my desktop PC. 
I have tested on my Desktop that is connected via ethernet and the speed has literally halved. I have also tested on wifi devices and the speed is also slower. 

Cheers 

Sewerk
Level 2

Gday Shane, 

i am yet to recieve a any contact from TPG with regards to my issue. 

Can you please update on wether someone is still contacting me?

Cheers 

Ahra_G

Hi @Sewerk

It appears that the issue raised to our Engineering Team has been resolved. 

I have also detected that your modem is connected for almost a week now which is an indication of a stable connection.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Regards,

Ahra_G

Sewerk
Level 2

Gday Ahra_G

Well the issue on my end has not been resolved. I am still recieving internet speeds that are at best half the speed i got a few months ago. 

As for stability, yes i have had a continuous connection but when it is fluctuating between 1Mbps and 25Mbps i would not call that stable, esspecially considering i got at minimum a consistant 45Mbps download previously. 

Can you please advise on what the Engineering team did? Can i also request that someone call me to discuss this "resolution" as i do not believe the issue to be resolved. 

Cheers 

Ahra_G

I understand, @Sewerk

Your modem is currently detecting a sync speed of  59Mbps from the line which you can confirm when you log in to your modem's user interface. It appears that the problem is getting the result to show up on your devices.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. We would suggest running a speed test on a computer connected via Ethernet for us to narrow down the actual cause of the slower connection speed.

I have organised a call back to be made today from our Technical Team for assistance. 

Regards,

Ahra_G