TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN FTTP - Setup TP LINK DECO X50

naqvi005
Level 2

Hi, 

I currently have NBN FTTP service with TPG. I'm using my own TP-Link Archer AX10 AX1500 Wifi 6 router and internet is working fine. I'm planning to replace current setup with TP-Link DECO X50 AX3000 Home Mesh 3 Pack (https://www.bunnings.com.au/tp-link-deco-ax3000-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-6-system-3-pack_p0509653). I understand that there are 2 options to setup DECO mesh.

1) Router Mode

If using router mode, I understand that I don't need my AX10 router. I'll plug ethernet cable directly from NBN into one of the DECO X50 node. In this case, this node becomes the primary router. If I want to use this mode, does TPG need to do anything to enable this kind of setup, or would it work right away?

2) Access Point Mode

If using Access Point mode, I understand that my AX10 router will remain the main router. I'll plug ethernet cable from LAN1 of the router into one of the DECO X50 node. In this case, DECO nodes will just be extending the signals of existing wifi network. If I want to use this mode, does TPG need to do anything? (I suppose this would it work right away). 

Anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Master

Hi @naqvi005 . Nothing for TPG to do either way.

Using just the Deco units is more effective. The Deco is configured via an app, so there's not much of a user manual. In Wireless Router mode, IPTV/VLAN setting is OFF for FTTP.

Other settings are PPPoE, username and password as in AX10.

You could keep the AX10 to use as an access point connected to Deco unit if you needed more ethernet points somewhere.

naqvi005
Level 2

Great, thanks for your quick response @david64