TPG Community

Get online support

TPG cancellation experience - 30 days notice

cindytony01
Level 2
My exp is worse, I have even started, I still have no internet at home close to a month now even I pay the fee. I have already spent more than 1 hour everyday to chase up the status, TPG always promised to call back or progress, never happen. All they are doing is to bring you to go around the circle like will put you on hold on the phone, will send you to the other department, will call you back, is already in progress, etc...all of these are just waste of your time. I have already sent emails to customer service & customer relation, still no response. I am not sure why this company is still existing? Is there any government body or customer affair look into these situation? I tried to cancel the service and no response, this make me cannot join elsewhere + my money that they are still holding. Is this actually legal? Is there anyone here can help me? I really dont know what else I can do. Please if there is anyone with similar experience, please guide me to resolve this. Much appreciated
Shane

Hi @cindytony01,

Let us take this opportunity to turn around your experience with the service and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

My exp is worse, I have even started, I still have no internet at home close to a month now even I pay the fee. I have already spent more than 1 hour everyday to chase up the status, TPG always promised to call back or progress, never happen. All they are doing is to bring you to go around the circle like will put you on hold on the phone, will send you to the other department, will call you back, is already in progress, etc...all of these are just waste of your time. I have already sent emails to customer service & customer relation, still no response. I am not sure why this company is still existing? Is there any government body or customer affair look into these situation? I tried to cancel the service and no response, this make me cannot join elsewhere + my money that they are still holding. Is this actually legal? Is there anyone here can help me? I really dont know what else I can do. Please if there is anyone with similar experience, please guide me to resolve this. Much appreciated

Shane

Hi @juh,

Should you require assistance? We are still awaiting response with your details. Feel free to shoot us a PM.

Regards,

@6120063

Were you able to get a satisfactory response from TPG?

I've just put in a cancellation request and found out about the notice period.

Abb
Level 2
Level 2
How are you going to expect anyone to go to your page on daily basis to check such things. You connect the nbn in less than 15 minutes but charging hidden cancellation without prior information
Shane

Hi @Abb ,

When cancelling an account, you are required to provide us at least 30 days notice and the service has to be paid up to the end of the notice period. You may continue to use your service during this time so you do not need to incur any additional charges. The 30 days notice is also included in the terms and conditions https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/standard.

Let us know should you require more assistance.

Regards,

Abb
Level 2
Level 2
Do you guys let customer know while signing on? Never advise of such things and now sent email on 1st june and you guys replying after a week.
Seems like scamming.
Abb
Level 2
Level 2
I have moved house. I do not need to use **ty service like tpg to use ever again. Well, you cannot charge my account as i will put charge back account on my credit . But going to complain to accc as you are deceiving customers. Checked all communication with tpg, not even single email is mentioning to refer to your bull** guide of 30 days notice.
Ahra_G

Hi @Abb, we'd like to look into your account. Any chance you can PM us with your TPG account details? 

Abb
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Ahra,

Not really. I know you cannot do anything about it. Just waiting for you guys to try to deduct my account so that i can place charge back and complain about this scam to TIO with proof that you guys blackmailing and scamming.
coolboystudio
Level 2

TPG lied. I was cheated by TPG as well. TPG charged me first month fee after TPG promised the first month fee is free. I lodged TIO dispute, but TPG does not refund it and keeps debiting me from my bank account after I terminated the service.