TPG Community

Get online support

TPG email addresses are moving to The Messaging Company???

adsljw8s
Level 3

Originally the messaging company did have prices up which was FROM $3.99/month ..... This has now disappeared from the website ..... It worries me that the price was FROM..... So who know what it's going to be. Or even if it's per email address, my house has three.

jeniel
Level 3

I agree with you - the new messaging company seems to be a problem

I am unable to find information on the new email system.

NSW2574
Level 3

There's a significant lack of infomation with this move.

There's no indication of any cost related to this change - I'm sure TMC doesn't provide a service for free but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Read their terms and conditions.

https://themessaging.co/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/20230724-TMC-Terms-of-Service.pdf

https://www.atmail.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/atmail-Terms-of-Service-v2.8.pdf

("The Messaging Company (TMC) is part of the Atmail group of companies")

Why was I not notified of this when the desision was made to make this change? It's only by chance that I logged into TPG that I found this - I should have been advised immediately when TPG made this desision.

How much will my monthly cost be reducing given the reduction in service?

I've been very happy with TPG for 10+ years now. But unless I get some serious answers I'm taking my business elsewhere.

sabertooth
Level 2

I called TPG yesterday to discuss the email transfer to an unknown 3 party provider and and told them they were crazy that they are dropping emails. I am also a long term user of TPG service ever since introduction of NBN but there is no way i am letting all my personal information be transferred over to a business that i have no confidence will keep it safe. I am also in the process of looking for another NBN provider., All the ones I have called offer at least 5 free email addresses and said it is not something they would ever drop as part of their service. They also could not believe what i was saying when i told them about what TPG is doing. This was a bad choice TPG this has pushed me over the edge.

Julie_k
Level 2

I have been a tpg email user since the 1990s. I cannot believe that they have not contacted us about this change! Unbelievable! 

geoffandlyn
Level 2

What i am amazed about is that not only are we now having to either pay for a service we already pay for but have to either migrate or choose a new provider yet, we still will be charged the same rates by TPG.

Also, the TMC has no way to contact them to find out what their proposed rates will be in Sept 24.

karenjh
Level 3

Well I have tried numerous times to register my interest in transferring however I never receive a confirmation email from The Messaging Company.  It appears now that they have removed their Contact Us tab which last week was also not working.  This is not off to a good start!

adsljw8s
Level 3

Extract from the email i received today:

To keep using your email address, ########@tpg.com.au, you’ll need to opt-in to transferring to The Messaging Company by 11/09/2023, otherwise your email address may be suspended.

ajmunro
Level 3

The Messaging Company look like they are handling email transfer from not only TPG,but other ISPs according to their website.

I'm an early Alphalink user,and still have one of their legacy email addresses(only used for the odd message maybe once or twice a year).I think Chariot took them over?

tylerbrock
Level 2
Tried to transfer this morning after contacting TPG that it’s legit. Takes ages for a code to come through The Messaging service and then says the code is invalid and can’t get into their website