TPG Community

Get online support

TPG internet just getting slower

SOLVED Go to solution
Binh
Level 2

TPG has been my internet provider since 2017 and their internet just getting slower everyday. My internet speed is 11mbps max, which considered to be pretty slow. Whilst my friends run on a nice speed with other providers, I run on a ** one. I'm not comparing TPG to other providers, but it's just weird that TPG doesn't provide their customers with good internet even though it is a well known brand. Last year we were forced to install nbn because we thought the speed would improve. It does for other people, but not us. If it's because the amount of devices we use, it is proven to be incorrect. I did my research and other people's internet runs fine even though they have more than 4 people in their family. Please fix the system and the speed. I know it's hard but we spend our money on this provider and what we get doesn't even worth the price.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Binh
Level 2

Where can I message you privately?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ken-C

Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Binh
Level 2

Where can I message you privately?

Ken-C

HI there Binh,

I have had a look at your NBN HFC service and can confirm all looks great, all diagnostics are testing within specification.

The speed test results you posted are actually very good to be quite honest, given you are on our NBN Cable Broadband SL Bundle Standard 12/1Mbps plan and you are getting between 11.3Mbps and 11.4Mbps.

Given your speedtest results you provided it shows there doesnt appear to be any obvious issue there however if the speed does flutuate it may have to do with your usage and your devices and how the devices are actually connected to your modem, for example you may have a problem with your wifi connection or even just one faulty device can upset all the devices internet speed in your home.

I will provide you with some helpful links below to browse when you get a chance they may help to rule out any of the mentioned issues and also help prove if you have any speed related problems that you may be concerned to exist.

If you wish, you can upgrade your plan at any time via your tpg account, the new app or i can look at that for you. 

To improve your WiFi connection, follow the steps in our TPG Community article at  www.tpg.com.au/wifihelp

For helpful tips on how to improve your internet speed, follow our guide at

www.tpg.com.au/slowspeed

Although i have provided the links above please understand i see know issue and given your current speed is infact very typical and good for your plan, if you did decide to upgrade to the next available plan it would be an additional $9.95.00 per month and you would go from 12/1mbps to 50/20mbps.

Im in no way suggesting you need to upgrade from the basic package, however i would double check what speeds, plans and the usages of yourr friends service Smiley Happy

Im happy to help you further in any way at all, have a look at those links and let me know how you go. 

Kind regards