TPG Community

Get online support

TPG won't fix their side of the Network Boundary Point

nickky_tran
Level 2

Recently my NBN FTTN internet hasn't been working. Called a technician out and he claimed that it was internal cabling. However, he said the issue was due to a fault lead-in cable being too short and possibly in need of repair, which is before the first phone socket.

Isn't the first phone socket the Network Boundary Point, and anything before that is TPG's legal responsibility to fix? I reside in a stand-alone house, with no Main Distribution Frame (MDF), even though the technician claimed there is one (called TPG and they said they'll ask the technician). I also don't have any Network Termination Devices. It is just the cable from the phone socket to the Telstra pit. He also left the first phone socket in an untidy state with wires coming out everywhere and a missing connection plug for a DSL modem connection.

Is it TPG's responsibility to fix anything before the Network Boundary Point; which is the first phone socket???

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @nickky_tran,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were not able to locate your account using your community details for us to look into it further.

You are correct, the Network Boundary Point for NBN FTTN service is the first wall socket of our customers' premises. Any evident fault before the NBP will be handled and raised by TPG.

We would like to check the account for us to assist you in the best possible way we can.

Please shoot me a private message with your TPG username or customer ID number.

Don't know how to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV