TPG Community

Get online support

The Upload Speed Hasn't Changed afer NBN Plan Upgrade.

humax
Level 2

I upgraded my NBN plan form NBN12 to NBN50 today. Once the confirmation received I power cycled both the ARRIS DOCSIS modem and TP-Link Router. The upload speed changed from 0.5Mb/s to ~18Mb/s but the download speed is still the same as it was before ~10Mb/s so nothing has changed. The 10Mb/s is entirely not what it's supposed to be as it doesn't comply 50Mb/s claimed for the plan. So the question is why do you still shape my download traffic at 10Mb/s???

speed test.png

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Let us help and fix this speed issues, @humax.

This usually happens when a fault is affecting the service, let us check and get to the bottom of this. To better understand the situation please send us a PM with the following details.

First name: xxxx
Last name: xxxx
Phone number: xxxx
Username / email address: xxxx
Are you the account holder?: Yes/No
Date of birth: xxx

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I upgraded my NBN plan form NBN12 to NBN50 today. Once the confirmation received I power cycled both the ARRIS DOCSIS modem and TP-Link Router. The upload speed changed from 0.5Mb/s to ~18Mb/s but the download speed is still the same as it was before ~10Mb/s so nothing has changed. The 10Mb/s is entirely not what it's supposed to be as it doesn't comply 50Mb/s claimed for the plan. So the question is why do you still shape my download traffic at 10Mb/s???

humax
Level 2

I re-established my NBN connection in the router later after midnight and the Download speed became normal (~50Mb/s) so it seem like the issue is fixed.

speed test.png

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that reboot of the router did the trick, let us monitor the connection for the next 24-48hrs and let us know how it will go.

I re-established my NBN connection in the router later after midnight and the Download speed became normal (~50Mb/s) so it seem like the issue is fixed.

speed test.png