There is NO internet

icosahedragon
Level 2
So this isn't technically a broadband question, it's an ADSL2+ inquiry, however, there isn't an issue with the installation, so I was unsure where else to post.

The internet has been working perfectly for the the last year and a half. A little spottiness during the heavy rain, but no foul or blame there, that was crazy. Then, over 24hrs ago... nothing. No spotty connections or dropping out/dropping speeds, just no internet.
Router has, of course, been restarted but to no avail, and it seems to be working. Devices can connect, but there's no service. It feels more as if the phone line has been cut and I'm just not getting anything in.

I'm fairly limited in my movements. Anxiety severe enough it can border on agoraphobia, so the internet is somewhat necessary for study, work etc. My phone bill is going to be soul-crushing due to having to piggy back the last day and a bit. I'm hoping to have this resolved soon. Can anyone help?
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @icosahedragon,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages.

If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link : Troubleshooting No Internet Connection

In your case, the service is currently affected by an unplanned Telstra network outage and we are working with our wholesale partner Telstra to fix the issue as soon as possible.