TPG Community

Get online support

Ultrafast Offer - speed issue

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @bleaw,

Welcome to the communtiy!

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help and raise this to our Technical Team for investigation.

Drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi @BasilDV 

I'm in the same boat. Its been 5 days since I received the e-mail that my plan had been changed to SuperFast. I've since power-cycled my modem 2-3 times but still capped at 50mbps.

Previously I got up to 250mbps when I was on the SuperFast 6 months trial.

Thanks

B

Mepascoe1
Level 2

@rm14 wrote:

Hi,

I'm on FTTP and accepted the offer to stay on Ultrafast after the free 6 month upgrade. I accepted the offer from the TPG email Thursday and followed the instructions to change plan. Payment processed fine, and got an email saying it's gone through and plan change completed.

However, my speed has dropped from 700-900Mbps download (during free upgrade period) to 100. Speeds seem capped at 100/40 after multiple speed tests across multiple times. 

No hardware or software changes on my end. Just did the usual, switch off PC and router at night and turn back on in mornings. 

I'm hoping this is not going to be the new normal, any advice?

I am in the same situation and in fact feel as though the trial misrepresented the Ultrafast experience. I regularly experience sppeds around 500mbps and now having signed up I do not recall a speed greater than 110mbps. Yes Moderator I have tried this using a destop directly connected to a modem and via a laptop and various IOS devices. 

Feeling ripped off.

BasilDV

Hi @Mepascoe1

Thanks for raising this with us.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

We tried to search for your account using your community details, but can't confirm if we are looking at the correct one.

Please send me a PM with your TPG Username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Deathshead
Level 2
I am having the same issue. I am on an FTTP connection and my ultrafast speeds are capped at 100MBPS all of a sudden.

It's been more than a month, with an NBN technician even replacing my box just to ensure that there's no error on that end but still.

It's like TPG does not care about it's customers anymore. I have paid Ultrafast price for two months and I am not even getting what I paid for.
Braddles97
Level 2
Hey how's it going. I seem to be having the same issue as the above people. Ill PM you my details, can you please make sure that it's set to the correct speed. I've spent about 500+ upgrading my network and I'm still capped at 110mbps (I pay for 250+mbps). Any help would be great