TPG Community

Get online support

Ultrafast Offer - speed issue

SOLVED Go to solution
jmw
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Basil

A little different to the other enquiries. We've been on the offer of the superfast promo but have not experienced any uplift in speed and hence no incentive to upgrade the plan.

We would like the speeds but if unavailable c'est la vie.

Would you be able to have our account and pseeds reviewed please. Currently on NBN 50 and not getting much more if anything different to normal.

Thanks in advance

Shane

Hi @jmw,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention based on the screenshot, the test result exceeded the speed based on the NBN50 which means the free speed boost has been applied to the service however we need to check what causing the connection to to attain the minimum speed of the speed boost. Drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Also, please confirm if the test is done using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

In the event that the affected devices are connected Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it.

Regards,

Hi Basil

A little different to the other enquiries. We've been on the offer of the superfast promo but have not experienced any uplift in speed and hence no incentive to upgrade the plan.

We would like the speeds but if unavailable c'est la vie.

Would you be able to have our account and pseeds reviewed please. Currently on NBN 50 and not getting much more if anything different to normal.

Thanks in advance

dimitrios81
Level 2
Same here!
Ahra_G

Hi @dimitrios81

We appreciate you raising this concern to us. 

Have you reported this issue to our Technical Team before? 

I've checked your account and it showed that your account is properly provisioned to the Ultrafast plan. 

Let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call in order for our Tech team to assist and check for any underlying connection issue. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ittah
Level 2
I am having same issue post upgrade to Ultrafast after trial, speeds have reduced to 20 - 50 Mbps from 880 Mbps, Including multiple drops outs over the last 3 days - this never happened before.
Riezl

Hi @Ittah , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

dansa
Level 2

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. Upgraded about 4 days ago to the superfast speed after 6 months of trial of the new speed. Before the upgrade the speed was between 200-260Mbps and after the upgrade is 90Mbps. I have tested the speed over the last 3 days on a computer hardwired to the router.

Could you have a look at my account too? Sent an email to Customer Service 2 days ago and I got no reply.

I tried to PM the moderator but the "Send a message" button not vailable.

Thank you.image.png

dansa
Level 2

PM sent.

nihong0
Level 2

looks like I have the same problem for a new signed up service today -- I'm only getting 100mbit down. My gear is all good because I just came from another ISP on ultrafast. I can do iperf3 LAN tests and max out the gigabit LAN.

BasilDV

Hi @nihong0

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and understand that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

The case has been raised to our Engineering team and updates will be provided as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV