TPG Community

Get online support

Ultrafast Offer - speed issue

SOLVED Go to solution
rm14
Level 2

Hi,

I'm on FTTP and accepted the offer to stay on Ultrafast after the free 6 month upgrade. I accepted the offer from the TPG email Thursday and followed the instructions to change plan. Payment processed fine, and got an email saying it's gone through and plan change completed.

However, my speed has dropped from 700-900Mbps download (during free upgrade period) to 100. Speeds seem capped at 100/40 after multiple speed tests across multiple times. 

No hardware or software changes on my end. Just did the usual, switch off PC and router at night and turn back on in mornings. 

I'm hoping this is not going to be the new normal, any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Thank you @rm14

We'll raise this further with our Provisioning team and provide you with the updates as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
BasilDV

Hi @rm14

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your Community details and can confirm that the NBN Home Ultrafast speed has been applied.

Did you test the speed via Wired or WiFi connection? If WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

You may check this article for some troubleshooting step.

Slow speed issue

BasilDV

rm14
Level 2

@BasilDV 

Thanks for the warm welcome and getting back to me. 

I tested the connection using ethernet cable, single device on network. Using TPG speed test as indicated in the link, I get 100/40, screenshot attached. My router is capable of faster, because it was during the free upgrade period (hence offer accepted =D).

image.png

BasilDV

Thank you @rm14

We'll raise this further with our Provisioning team and provide you with the updates as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @rm14

Please check the speed again? We can confirm that the Ultrafast speed has been applied to your account.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

rm14
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

What ever you guys did seems to have fixed it. Huge thank you. 

speedtest2.png

Riezl

Great! Feel free to message us should you need further assistance. Cheers!

JustinForalook
Level 2

Hello.

I'm having the same problem but with the SuperFast offer.

For the last 6 months (free upgrade) I've been getting around 260Mbps.

After accepting the upgrade offer, I'm lucky to get 70Mbps.

Again, no hardware changes. One computer on a Gigabit ethernet connection.

I've rebooted both the computer and the router, speed tested it several times over the last week, and still no joy.

BasilDV

Hi @JustinForalook

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the upgrade has been applied.

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

cbr_max
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV,

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Accepted the Superfast offer and got the "Plan change completed" email two days ago, then shut the power of router for a few minutes a few times, but speed is still capped at the 50Mb which is my previous plan. Again no hardware or software change, my setup could reach 200Mb plus during the 6 months free upgrade.

Can you please have a look for me?

Thanks