TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to upgrade NBN online

SOLVED Go to solution
danielkwan
Level 2

Hi,

I recently got NBN installed on 25/05/2020 and I cannot upgrade my plan online.

I called on Saturday and they said I would be able to do it on Monday. I was unable to do it on Monday so I called again and they said I would be able to do it on Wednesday. When will I be able to upgrade the plan?

Thanks,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarlB

Hi @danielkwan 

I was hoping that was the simple fix for you. Your sync rate looks very good @ 60Mbps down and 22Mbps up.

I’ll request our Helpdesk team to give you a callback later on to try and work out what is happening.

Regards,

Karl

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KarlB

Hi @danielkwan 

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @danielkwan 

I can see your plan change is still showing in progress. I have requested for our Plan Change Team to investigate and requested for someone to call you back ASAP with an update.

Regards,

Karl

danielkwan
Level 2

Hi @KarlB,

Do you know when I should expect to receive a call?

Regards,

Daniel

KarlB

Hi @danielkwan

I'm sorry I would have thought they would have called you already. I have given our Plan Change Team a nudge, and requested they call you ASAP.

Regards,

Karl

danielkwan
Level 2

Hi @KarlB ,

I managed to upgrade my plan today, however, I have tested the speeds on http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/ and my DL speed has remained the same (~11Mbps) but my UL speed has increased (17Mbps).

Sync speeds on the modem show: 60104 kbps Downstream and 22600 kbps Upstream

Is there a reason why the actual DL speed has not updated?

Regards,

Daniel

KarlB

Hi @danielkwan 

It sounds like the "Bandwidth Control" might be enable in your modem/router settings. We can try and turn it off with the below steps.

-Go into your Internet Brower and type "192.168.1.1" in your address bar. (On a desktop or laptop if you have that option)

-Should come up with a username and password request. Should be “admin” for the username and password (Unless you have changed the default)

-This should get us into your modem interface.

-Click on the “Advanced” button up the top

-Then click onto the “Bandwidth Control” button on the left hand side

-Check to see if there is a tick in the “Enable” “Bandwidth Control” if there is a ticket remove it and hit the “Save” button. (See image below)

Give it a try after that, if it is still slow restart the modem/router

Bandwidth Control VR1600v.jpg

Regards,

Karl

danielkwan
Level 2

Hi @KarlB 

The "Bankwidth Control" setting was not enabled.

I have restarted my modem/router a few times already since the plan upgrade.

Regards,

Daniel

KarlB

Hi @danielkwan 

I was hoping that was the simple fix for you. Your sync rate looks very good @ 60Mbps down and 22Mbps up.

I’ll request our Helpdesk team to give you a callback later on to try and work out what is happening.

Regards,

Karl