TPG Community

Get online support

Unstable internet connection

heathstreak
Level 2

Hi there, 

I have not had a problem with the stability of my internet connection up until the last two weeks. Now, I am experiencing drop-out after drop-out. Could someone give me a reference point to commence troubleshooting, please?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @heathstreak

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and ran remote tests. 

Results indicated that your modem is connected to our server for almost 5 days now which is an indication of a stable connection.

It appears that the problem is getting the result to show up on your devices. It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only.

We would suggest running some tests on a computer connected via Ethernet for us to narrow down the actual cause of the dropouts. 

May we know your most convenient time to receive a call? We'd like to organise a call back to be made from our Technical team to perform troubleshooting along with you. Please send your best call back time & number via PM.

Regards,

Ahra_G