TPG Community

Get online support

[Update] TPG Email Outage

TPG
Moderator Moderator

Hi All,

We understand the frustration and inconvenience caused to our valued customers by this outage.

The current update about the email outage is as follows and further updates will be pasted at tpg.com.au/servicestatus. This outage is not related to any security issue.

Service Affected:
Email

Outage Started:
Wednesday 28 August 2019,  4:30 PM AEST

Estimated Restoration:
Friday 30 August 2019, 11:00 PM AEST (2days 6hours 30mins )

Severity:
Critical

This post is for customers who are users of the TPG email system. If you do not use an email address that is a XXXX@tpg.com.au you will not be affected and can disregard this post. 

TPG acknowledges and apologises for the recent outage in its email system. The outage was caused by a failure affecting the storage system, through which the email systems operate. The failure has meant that customers have had difficulties using the email systems during the period of outage. 

The TPG engineering team has been working around the clock to solve the issues and it is believed that all customers should, in stages over the next 24 hours, be able to send and receive emails. 

Work is also being done to bring older emails online and updates will be provided as that work progresses. TPG apologises for any inconvenience
Update: Friday 30 August 2019 11:00 AM AEST
Engineers have identified the issue and currently working on restoration.

Update: Friday 30 August 2019 9:29 PM AEST
Engineers have restored all mailboxes.

Backlog of mail will be delivered over the next few hours.

Note: @chariot.net.au emails are also affected by this outage.

The resolution of this issue is the number 1 focus within our business right now with many dedicated teams working to resolve this at the earliest possible time.

We appreciate your patience and continued support.

106 REPLIES 106
Marylee
Level 3

So you have no backup system for this sort of emergency??!!!!!!!!

SusieQ
Level 2

Well I am in Sdney, another user says they are in Perth - is this a national email outage ?

And why is there no disaster recovery plan for such a big IT system ?

Because this is a very big DISASTER for many, many users !!!

Expect to lose a lot of business over this.

cathyw
Level 2

Not entirely correct.   Customers with chariot address affected too. Not just tpg

cofu
Level 3
This disaster is NOT only TPG...I have email addresses with Chariot and Cobweb..both owned by TPG!!
bairdy1
Level 2

An appology is like saying "Tough **" where is you back up, emergency plan, or is Mumbi sorting it out ? 48 hours are you kidding.........

willagee
Level 2

I am in Cairns and have not had a service since Wednesday afternoon. Methinks nationwide is correct.

Its a long outage.

jeniel
Level 3

Agree I am on Central Coast of NSW

cofu
Level 3
When the email has been sorted and I am able to send and receive my mail...I want to talk to someone with authority at TPG about the impact this has had on my business...who can I talk to?
Marylee
Level 3
Estimated Restoration:
Friday 30 August 2019, 11:00 PM AEST (2days 6hours 30mins )

!!!!!!!!!  Your updates are SIX hours apart, and you keep pushing the restoration time back by the same length of time!!  Get some outside help for your engineers.  They need it!