TPG Community

Get online support

[Update] TPG Email Outage

ALAR
Level 3
  • Absolutely
ALAR
Level 3

Maybe that’s what we should ALL do ... get another provider anyway.

ALAR
Level 3

Someone is organising a class action

cofu
Level 3
I have just tested my emails on Chariot and Cobweb...and they are both working. BUT...all my emails from the last 3 days are missing...so I have no idea what has been sent to me during those 3 days.
My business is now in a very awkward situation and I don't think TPG gives a **!! Where is my lost mail...or is that it...????
I am ready now to join any class action against TPG..my requests for someone in authority in Australia to talk to at TPG about compensation have been ignored...
cofu
Level 3
Lost email during time down...where are they...class actiin now!!!
hammer
Level 3

Not related to a Security Issue?  I wouldn't be so sure about that.  I suspect you have had a major hit right where you least expected it.

cofu
Level 3
Looks like back on in SA...but all mail from past 3 days missing...
yay
Level 2
Level 2

Mr David Teoh.   Well well. TPG. I've been a user of an email service for 20 years, yes 20 years, AND that DOESN'T end  in xxx@tpg.com.au, so, the TPG moderator is incorrect here as regards his description. Chariot customers are also affected. From my understanding this Outage has affected people in a number of states, so you should have said that it was a NATIONAL OUTAGE, given that people in WA, Qld, NSW, SA etc have been affected. And where was the back-up plan to cope with this problem? Clearly, after more than 48 hours, the back-up plan has failed to materialise.

Further, a phone call on 29/8/2019 with a 35 minute wait, allowed me to be told that it would have been repaired by 19:30(AEST) 29/8. Clearly it wasn't.

Then a call on the following morning (7:50AEST; 30/8) with a 47-minute wait, provided even less information, the 'phone operator, somewhat imperiously, indicating that he had no information to assist me and basically encouraged me to "just wait it out".

Thanks!
No doubt if you wanted money from me (not that you ever have as I am ALWAYS paid up in advance,) no doubt, there would not be any wait. Your TPG website suggests repairs by 17:00(AEST) on 30/8. You appear to have lasped there yet again.

This performance is really THIRD WORLD standard. I am currently running ADSL2+, and the NBN has arrived in our district two weeks ago. Contemplate Mr Teoh, when it comes to selecting an NBN network, do you really expect me to choose TPG for such a service?

Clearly, performance here is disgraceful. No internet service for more than 48 hours? Contemplate Mr Teoh, people who suffer from medcial conditions who need hospital's confirmation of medication required, people who have a booking for a train, bus, aeroplane (the list goes on), and people who just wish to communicate, people who may have, previously contemplated self-harm, but who are being "skippered" by someone with an interest (Beyond Blue), and then finding "that there is nobody at the end of the line"! FOR TWO DAYS, Mr Teoh!!

And for others who derive an income by use of email services. How do you compensate for this situation?

And your response

"We understand the frustration and inconvenience caused to our valued customers by this outage.".

At this stage Mr Teoh, the words of John McEnroe ring in my ears "Are you serious?"

This is an outrage!! Clearly, a disaster for which all users are currently paying! And very little information was posted (not even accurately) on the TPG Community webpage.

And now, whilst writing this, I note that the service MAY have come back on, and the promised "ALL EMAILS WILL BE SENT TO USERS", just proves to be entirely incorrect. For more than two days, I HAVE LOST ALL INCOMING MESSAGES!

I ask you Mr Teoh, apart from taking patrons' payments for this national outage, personally, do you care as long as the ASX stock price doesn't dip too far below $6.66. Hmm, interesting number eh Mr Teoh. Not a very popular number in Eastern circles! You are getting paid for it and the patrons are being scrxxed. Do you think this is fair?

And I'm back to the point about back-up!! Why was there nothing happening here?
Truly shameful.

And all messages are lost over this more than two-day outage. Clearly, Mr Teoh, this sounds very much like some sort of action to be directed to TPG.

Or maybe Mr Teoh, you are sitting in your well-protected house somewhere, counting your money.
Always the way.

Don't be surprised if people choose another internet provider.

When it comes to my shortly-connected NBN service, I certainly will.

Very very disappointing Mr Teoh.

Yay

pelli69
Level 3

I too would like to speak to someone about the cost this has had to my business

pelli69
Level 3

@cofu wrote:
I have just tested my emails on Chariot and Cobweb...and they are both working. BUT...all my emails from the last 3 days are missing...so I have no idea what has been sent to me during those 3 days.
My business is now in a very awkward situation and I don't think TPG gives a **!! Where is my lost mail...or is that it...????
I am ready now to join any class action against TPG..my requests for someone in authority in Australia to talk to at TPG about compensation have been ignored...

I am in the same boat. My email has just started working however there are no new emails from the last 3 days and I know for a fact of a minimum of 40 odd emails that should be there. How the hell are we going to be able to retrieve this emails and what compensation is being offered to business owners relying on this inadequate service